Would you like Old CBJ player over this team ?

pled

Sep 7, 2009
This 23 man roster fit the cap and I definitely miss some of the forwards but the defense and goalie are better now.

BTW Nash is free agent soon would you take him back if he could fit in the cap ? He is the reason I'm a blue jackets fan so I would love to see him again.

Nash Johansen Voracek
Saad Anisimov Carter
Dano Brassard Marchessault
Hartnell Karlsson Letestu
Mackenzie Upshall

Moore Russell
Methot McQuaid
Connauton Reilly
Prout

Mason
Forsberg

Last edited:

Forepar

Nov 6, 2011
South-Central Ohio
That team is missing Duchene. That's my only gripe
Is there a way to Reply to a Like? Because if there was, how obvious was it that PanarinDangles would LIKE the above-quoted post, which somehow snuck in the Duchene line of thinking into a thread about PAST Jackets. And my guess is J2F was being facetious - but maybe not!

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
Is there a way to Reply to a Like? Because if there was, how obvious was it that PanarinDangles would LIKE the above-quoted post, which somehow snuck in the Duchene line of thinking into a thread about PAST Jackets. And my guess is J2F was being facetious - but maybe not!

Or maybe I liked the above post for it's facetiousness

Forepar

Nov 6, 2011
South-Central Ohio
They're real good. If Nash and Carter weren't past their primes, they'd almost make up for the AHL-quality defense.
Ummmm, not so much imo. Solid D + Bob allows you to win now. Current CBJ may need a little more skill up front to get over the hump as far as PO runs. The past Forwards, in the aggregate had that extra level of skill, but I'd take the current CBJ in a heartbeat. It's a any eyeopener to think that there is a reasonable argument that the top 3, and possibly top 4, of D-men we've had over the first 17 years are currently on the roster. And it was the first time CBJ cleared 100 points, with room to spare. If Panarin produces like he did in CHI and plays regularly like he did against the Isles, he will shoot up to the top of the charts of F in the history of CBJ.

Maybe this isn't so much about the current CBJ, but the pain of the first 15.

pled

Sep 7, 2009
Ummmm, not so much imo. Solid D + Bob allows you to win now. Current CBJ may need a little more skill up front to get over the hump as far as PO runs. The past Forwards, in the aggregate had that extra level of skill, but I'd take the current CBJ in a heartbeat. It's a any eyeopener to think that there is a reasonable argument that the top 3, and possibly top 4, of D-men we've had over the first 17 years are currently on the roster. And it was the first time CBJ cleared 100 points, with room to spare. If Panarin produces like he did in CHI and plays regularly like he did against the Isles, he will shoot up to the top of the charts of F in the history of CBJ.

Maybe this isn't so much about the current CBJ, but the pain of the first 15.

I still miss some of those forwards for sure

Grouchy

Nov 2, 2006
Canal Winchester, OH
No McBackup?

I don't know why but I would want Hartnell over Nash. Maybe just for that one game in Pittsburgh where he gleefully gets a natural or Gordie hat trick.

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
This 23 man roster fit the cap and I definitely miss some of the forwards but the defense and goalie are better now.

BTW Nash is free agent soon would you take him back if he could fit in the cap ? He is the reason I'm a blue jackets fan so I would love to see him again.

Nash Johansen Voracek
Saad Anisimov Carter
Dano Brassard Marchessault
Hartnell Karlsson Letestu
Mackenzie Upshall

Moore Russell
Methot McQuaid
Connauton Reilly
Prout

Mason
Forsberg

The current team and it's not even close.

Reactions: Viqsi

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad