Injury Report: Would you like an "injury" sticky ?

Karl Eriksson

Boring!
Apr 12, 2007
Ottawa
Some team boards have injury stickies, and keep the first post updated on a continuous basis with injury statuses.

I think that would be a nice addition to our board, and make it easier than parsing through to find old threads, and eliminate the need for new ones when guys go down.

If the mods are open to hearing peoples' preference, please vote !

EDIT - Here is an example:

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1649447

Last edited:

MiscBrah

Mar 16, 2012
No for me. I never look @ the stickies. Few stickies as possible IMO. Otherwise the entire 1st page becomes stickies.

Mr_Squeaks

Poor Impulse Control
Jul 2, 2006
Ottawa
If we have enough injuries to take over the front page, that's probably all we'll ever be talking about anyway. I vote Yes. :)

MiscBrah

Mar 16, 2012
It's a slippery slope guys. We add an injury sticky and where does it end?

Karl Eriksson

Boring!
Apr 12, 2007
Ottawa

Yeah, they have had to close the other team boards that use the injury sticky, because it started there and was a gateway sticky. Guys were stickying all the time, lying to their families, ruining their lives. Just say no.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

Think-of-the-children.jpg

DrakeAndJosh

Intangibles
Jun 19, 2010
Kanata
I don't really care either way, but I feel like certain injuries are deserving of their own thread, like Karlsson two years ago for example.

MiscBrah

Mar 16, 2012
I don't mind having a dedicated injury thread. I just don't want it stickied. OTOH, we already have player discussion threads for basically every player, I don't see what's wrong with just posting in there and each player's injury.

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013
I like the fact that an injury thread pops up for each player, when they get injured...

Makes discussion easy.

So if this is meant to replace those, then I am against it. Say Ryan and Karlsson both got injured at the same game, I would rather two separate threads to discuss the incidents separately, rather than the discussion on both of them being a jumbled mess in a single thread.

Karl Eriksson

Boring!
Apr 12, 2007
Ottawa
I agree with this. I never read the stickied threads and so I've been out of the loop about Binghamton.

Great ! It's a way to get easy injury info and to bring attention to the stickies which contain important information that we should all keep tabs on !

MiscBrah

Mar 16, 2012
The more I think about it the less sense it makes. We already have player threads, why would the injury status and updates not be posted in there.

Now I need to check the Mark Methot player discussion thread AND the injury thread? Rather than just check 1 mark methot thread for everything relating to mark methot.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
I like the fact that an injury thread pops up for each player, when they get injured...

Makes discussion easy.

So if this is meant to replace those, then I am against it. Say Ryan and Karlsson both got injured at the same game, I would rather two separate threads to discuss the incidents separately, rather than the discussion on both of them being a jumbled mess in a single thread.

I agree with this.

Say no to stickies.

hqdefault.jpg

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
A Methot sticky would be great.

All player threads are linked in the Directory sticky. So there is a Methot 'sticky'.
I try to go through periodically and check to make sure that they all are pointing to the most recent thread revision too, so if something isn't pointing to the latest (ie to a closed thread) let me know.

Also in terms of stickies themselves, there was a directive sent out to keep the amount of active stickies down, hence the directory sticky. If there's ways to improve that post again, open to ideas on that.

As far as an injury sticky itself, I've personally been a fan of the single injury report thread when it usually happens and that usually dies out when the news isn't new anymore and then further updates in the player discussion that seems to be a natural migration between threads. Not sure we need one devoted thread for all injuries, except maybe in a year where half the team is hurt... this season we've been relatively healthy compared to previous years.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
All player threads are linked in the Directory sticky. So there is a Methot 'sticky'.
I try to go through periodically and check to make sure that they all are pointing to the most recent thread revision too, so if something isn't pointing to the latest (ie to a closed thread) let me know.

Also in terms of stickies themselves, there was a directive sent out to keep the amount of active stickies down, hence the directory sticky. If there's ways to improve that post again, open to ideas on that.

As far as an injury stick itself, I've personally been a fan of the single injury report thread when it usually happens and that usually dies out when the news isn't new anymore and then further updates in the player discussion that seems to be a natural migration between threads.

I meant it as a joke because Methot is always injured ;) if anything, I'll let you know but you guys are doing a great job. Keep it up!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad