Olympics: Would you give your team an advantage by giving away player secrets?

Immings

Aug 6, 2012
Toronto
I was reading a quote from Claude Julien and he was talking about the upcoming game against Tukka Rask, Now does he give Canada an advantage to expose his NHL goalies weakness to the team. The players could use this against him back in North America?

Would you give up a teammates secret whether it be a go to move, face-off tactic, goalie weakness etc. for your country to have a better shot at a gold medal? Would you do it in because you think the other player would expose your weakness?

Toews or Keith / Kane

Crosby / Malkin

Julien / Rask

Just a few examples, but would you want your team to do this?

kingsholygrail

Slewfoots Everywhere
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
I really don't think there are that many secrets out there in the NHL as far as how players perform. They all study tape and many have a lot of experience against each other let alone teammates.

Balance

Jesus loves you!
May 20, 2013
I really don't think there are that many secrets out there in the NHL as far as how players perform. They all study tape and many have a lot of experience against each other let alone teammates.

Agreed. There isn't much to be said by a teammate. In fact, I'd take what a division rival has to say over what a teammate says because how a goalie performs in practice is really different in comparison to a game.

All in all, "secrets" don't really affect the game. When your playing at a high pace with huge amounts of pressure, the game is really just instinctive at that point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad