Would you do this?

MNwild10

Oct 4, 2004
Hi, I'm in a fantasy keeper league and this trade was offered to me...

#2 overall (Me)
for:
Patrice Bergeron (Them)

I'm seriously considering it, and I need a forward so drafting Erik Johnson isn't a priority.

Puckhead

Jun 13, 2004
Behind you!!!
MNwild10 said:
Hi, I'm in a fantasy keeper league and this trade was offered to me...

#2 overall (Me)
for:
Patrice Bergeron (Them)

I'm seriously considering it, and I need a forward so drafting Erik Johnson isn't a priority.

You should absolutely do it! As they say, there are very few sure things in the draft, and seeing as there are no Ovechkin's or Crosby's out in this years version, I say you jump at it. Bergeron is an exceptional talent and he is only 20 years old. He is going to continue to improve year after year. He found some real chemistry with Brad Boyes which bodes well for the future.

One negative I keep hearing is not with Bergeron himself but with the Bruins. They were not a very good team this past season and may struggle going forward, unless they can add some players thru trade or make better free agent signings then they did a year ago. I don't look at that as being relevant when it comes to taking players. Bergeron is the #1 center and will get loads of playing time in most situations. The only problem I see, and its not a big one is that because of the amount of ice time he gets and how bad the team could be, his +/- will take a hit.

digitalmonkey*

Wow, I think you already know the answer.

Take Bergeron and try not to smile too much!

Buffalo87

thehosers dot com
Mar 22, 2006
Rochester
Marcel the great! said:
well Bergeron on himself isin't worth that 2nd overall pick but with the chemistry he has with Crosby and that low salaray i'd do it

It's a fantasy trade so chemistry with Crosby most likely isn't a factor here. ;)

gretzky1545

Jun 8, 2004
are you saying bergeron isnt worth kessel, backstrom, toews, staal, etc.???

edit: in reference to marcel the great's post

Chrisd

Dec 20, 2005
Obviously bergeron has more value now...cuz he's proven..

and i'd take him...

but that's not to say a kessel/backstrom/staal/toews can't become better players.

One or two of them could end up being better imo, but Bergeron right now is a safe, proven player with good upside, so he's the pick. But it wont shock me if 2 of those guys listed above end up with better careers.

gretzky1545

Jun 8, 2004
Chrisd said:
Obviously bergeron has more value now...cuz he's proven..

and i'd take him...

but that's not to say a kessel/backstrom/staal/toews can't become better players.

One or two of them could end up being better imo, but Bergeron right now is a safe, proven player with good upside, so he's the pick. But it wont shock me if 2 of those guys listed above end up with better careers.

yeah, fantasy wise I could easily see that, but which two? Its a crap shoot, unlike bergeron, and frankly itd take the #2 pick plus another top 5 pick to make me consider dealing bergeron for an unknown, especially in this draft.

Abyss

GO BRUINS
Jun 20, 2005
CT
Chances are the Kessel or Johnson will turn out better but oh man take that and run. You win for the next 1-3 seasons lol

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I'd take Bergeron over the number one pick. Easily. Then, laugh about it. I mean he looks like "The Count", for crying out loud. His "count" upside is off the charts.

1 mwah ha ha ha, 2 mwah ha ha, 3 mwah ha ha...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad