Would you do the Dougie Hamilton trade now?

Snazu

I contribute nothing
Feb 2, 2007
The thing that could potentially make this trade look even worse for the bruins, is that with the 15th overall, they drafted Zach Senyshyn who was way off the board ranked 38th for north american skaters. The other 2 are Jakob Forsbacka-Karlsson, who was ranked 31st for NA skaters and Jeremy Lauzon who was ranked 42nd for NA skaters. So none of them were really picked where they projected. Not that draft ranking are an exact science or anything though, but picking way off the board, makes the picks even more hit or miss than they already are.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Meh, trust the scouts who actually watch the players play. There's a reason they took him there.

If he's a bad pick, someone will be fired.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Hamilton is not that bad

He has to adjust to the new team

+ has to play with Giordano who is playing like **** this year...

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Yes he s so special that he needs more time than 99% of all the other players who moved to a new club in the summer :sarcasm:.
what is the point in posts like this? the difference in systems between the Flames & Bruins is night and day; when Suter joined the Wild it took him 10+ games despite them both being defensive teams.

SmellOfVictory

Jun 3, 2011
what is the point in posts like this? the difference in systems between the Flames & Bruins is night and day; when Suter joined the Wild it took him 10+ games despite them both being defensive teams.

Also, most players don't move NHL teams at 22, and most of them don't move to a team where everything is a complete gong show on the ice.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I would still take Dougie over Myers. He will be much more productive over his career, Myers is no more than a 30 point dman. Also, Dougie will be more physical.

Body Checker

Aug 11, 2005
Hamilton is just like Wideman - the more minutes they play the more effective they are.

Problem now is Wideman and Russell are taking too many minutes away from Hamilton.

I believe, long term, once the flames go with 25 minutes a game for Gio, Brodie and Hamilton they will be better off. Hamilton needs a regehr-willie mitchell type partner.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
Hamilton is just like Wideman - the more minutes they play the more effective they are.

Problem now is Wideman and Russell are taking too many minutes away from Hamilton.

I believe, long term, once the flames go with 25 minutes a game for Gio, Brodie and Hamilton they will be better off. Hamilton needs a regehr-willie mitchell type partner.

He's getting a hold of the system now, IMO his ice time will start creeping up. Especially with Wideman/Russell struggling still. And man, our whole D core desperately needs a Mitchell/Regehr type. Hell, even a prime Smid type would help tremendously.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad