Olympics: Would Erik Karlsson make Team Canada?

FlashyG

Dec 15, 2011
Toronto
I think he does regardless of ice-size.

I don't think he'd have any trouble making any the national team of any country

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
On international ice absolutely.

On North American ice I don't think so.

Semantics

PUBLIC ENEMY #1
Jan 3, 2007
San Francisco
He'd make the team for his offensive skills, but if they were nursing a 1 goal lead in the 3rd period you can bet his ass would be stapled to the bench.

MildlyAwesome

Rational Leaf Fan
Jun 4, 2009
Canada
He'd make the team for his offensive skills, but if they were nursing a 1 goal lead in the 3rd period you can bet his ass would be stapled to the bench.
This. He'd be the 7th dman who'd play the powerplay but the brass want responsible defenders. Its why Subban/Letang are on the cusp of making it and only as sevens.

Analyzer*

Slight chance on international ice.

Team Canada seems to want dman who can play defense well. It's their first priority when choosing the team. In that regard, Karlsson isn't even top 10 choice.

Karlsson's skating is one of the best for international ice and that could be huge. Smaller ice and pp they don't really need him. He's great at creating chances, don't get me wrong, but when you have guys like Weber, Keith, Seabrook, Doughty, Pietrangelo. to choose from for the pp a long with a boatload of NHL forwards who are very dangerous he's not really needed.

If PK makes it as the number 7, or 8, I can see Karlsson taking his spot. That's about it.

So, if op just meant the team, then yes. If the op meant actual playing time without any injuries, then no.

skroonk2002*

Keith - Karlsson
Suter - Weber
Chara - Doughty
Subban - Pietrangelo

He would make an "All-NHL Team", so of course he would make Team Canada.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Karlsson = Consensus yes
Subban = Debatable

:help:

HF logic/media logic. Don't worry. People are starting to come around and realize what a great player Subban is. Not that it really matters though, as I'm perfectly happy with Subban being underrated by some.

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
HF logic/media logic. Don't worry. People are starting to come around and realize what a great player Subban is. Not that it really matters though, as I'm perfectly happy with Subban being underrated by some.

Thinking a player is better than Subban isn't underrating him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad