Would Dallas have been better off tanking for the last WC spot?

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Absolutely. Stars always beat Calgary/are confident against them (I know, postseason is different) and fans were really hoping to get them cause they were definitely the easiest opponent available (in our minds at least)

John Eichel da GOAT

Oct 7, 2008
Absolutely. Stars always beat Calgary/are confident against them (I know, postseason is different) and fans were really hoping to get them cause they were definitely the easiest opponent available (in our minds at least)
I said this before the playoffs started and am glad to be proven correct, but the Flames are the worst "best" team weve seen in a long time. No idea how they put up 50 wins.

Reactions: The Duck Knight

MSZ

Car guy
Oct 5, 2014
Scarborough
I said this before the playoffs started and am glad to be proven correct, but the Flames are the worst "best" team weve seen in a long time. No idea how they put up 50 wins.

50 wins aren't even that impressive anymore in the post-lockout era where every single game has a winner.

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
The playoffs is a different beast, I don’t think it’s good for the team mentality to come into the playoffs cold. None the less we’ve played well against Nashville except for game two.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
No because that would have been a completely different series and in today's NHL, every series is a random dice-roll.

Sep 20, 2013
In The Crease
For the first round maybe, but not the second round. Stars would probably do poorly against Vegas but should have a much better shot against either the Jets or Blues (if they get by Nashville, of course).

chirrrs

Jun 3, 2013
Rockwall, TX
I still prefer it this way. Only team I was seriously concerned about (and still am) are the Knights. Hopefully Colorado will take care of them. I don't like our chances had we run into them in the second round. I think the way it turned out is essentially our second best case scenario (the best being drawing the Jets first and Preds/Blues going 7 meanwhile).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad