Post-Game Talk: Worst Leafs performance I’ve seen in 25 years as a fan

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
Well done Leafs.

At least I could get thru my day without anyone mentioning it here. Unlike you poor buggers living in the meca. You miserable excuse for a hockey team still manage to embarrass a couple life long fans, 6000 @#$%in km away. You useless pricks.
The only time the NHL makes news here in NZ, is usually after the Stanley Cup final.

Yesterdays embarrassment was front and center on our prime time news just now.
I have already had 3 txts from mates (circiling the blood in the water) by asking what team I support in the NHL. Think I will ignore them for a day or 2.
God it sucks being a Leaf fan......even at the bottom of the world.

What time and who do we play tuesday? :help:

Just sayin': 6000 km gets you from one side of our country to the other. It's 14000 km Toronto to NZ.

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
And hes the only one on the ice today after the embarrassing loss by the whole team
In the defence of the rest of the team I’m sure they had some plans to go clubbing and partying and weren’t up for practice. Since, you know, Keefe felt good enough about their performance to cancel practice and give them the day off

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
This is the worst performance I have ever seen by any Leafs team, in ~25 years as a fan. Shockingly terrible, they should be beyond embarrassed. They may end up winning due to the zamboni driver in net, but this is some straight horrendous hockey.

Agreed? Can anyone remember a worse performance?
No. Worst I have seen in like 40 years. There were some bad over head games at Gardens but those were teams that tried hard just had below average talent. That game on saturday night I was there live. It was disgraceful. It was a complete 'no mass' game. There was a few flickers of compete from Muzzy and a couple from Kappy but it was lights out for everyone else. Those kids decided to turn off the lights and go to bed right in middle of the game. I have sent my ticket guy at MLSE an invoice for my $$$ back for that game. First time I did that ever. Just let the email rip. I don't think I will be the only one. We will hear about we lost to the zamboni guy now forever. It got international attention worldwide. A joke of a team we got here.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Scoring still matters. Effort and heart alone do not guarantee anything.

Columbus plays with heart and effort. If that was all that mattered, they'd be heavy Cup favorites.

Or The Flyers. They have had a lot of teams that play with that type of effort, but no Cups since the mid-70s.
Where did I say scoring didn't matter?

Show me a team that won with just scoring.

Balance is important, and I think it's pretty obvious that we have a poor one.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
In the defence of the rest of the team I’m sure they had some plans to go clubbing and partying and weren’t up for practice. Since, you know, Keefe felt good enough about their performance to cancel practice and give them the day off
To be fair to Keefe if CBA does not allow BAG skates anymore then maybe it was next best message. Another skills practice is a complete waste of time. Look what it did last time NOTHING.
Does CBA not allow bag skates? Cause the only cure for total non compete is a couple back to back bag skates no pucks. and then if effort level is same again coach says we are doing them until effort changes. They will not stop daily.

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
With all due respect, IMO getting trounced by a team led by Bobby Orr is not in the same realm as being unable to overcome a team with a 42 year old non-nhl goalie who works for your organization.
if you had seen it you'd understand what I'm talking about, with all due respect

Marshy

Behind Enemy Lines
Oct 3, 2007
Ottawa
I tried to read this whole thread. I almost made it.

I missed this game..well it was on the TV but no sound...had company over. I woke up hung over the next morning and did a double take. I can't decide if I was lucky or if I missed one for the ages.

Reactions: Seath The Scaleless

ITM

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe...
Jan 26, 2012
I tried to read this whole thread. I almost made it.

I missed this game..well it was on the TV but no sound...had company over. I woke up hung over the next morning and did a double take. I can't decide if I was lucky or if I missed one for the ages.

One for the ages if you’re not a Leafs fan. If you are, it was painful on another level. Like the Boston Game 7 comeback but with much more confusion attached to it.

I remember - with about 13 minutes to go in the third - the broadcast cutting to Jagr on the bench saying something like, “It not over.” and right then and there, absolutely believing him and expecting the worst.

This loss to Carolina was tragic in that the confusion seemed involuntary, helpless, like the tremor of some uncontrollable condition overtook the club.

And then there was the media reaction and then there was and has been a sort of enjoyment from many within the fanbase. And only the media’s schadenfreude makes sense.

I would have preferred a hangover the morning after with no memory of the events given another chance.

Marshy

Behind Enemy Lines
Oct 3, 2007
Ottawa
One for the ages if you’re not a Leafs fan. If you are, it was painful on another level. Like the Boston Game 7 comeback but with much more confusion attached to it.

I remember - with about 13 minutes to go in the third - the broadcast cutting to Jagr on the bench saying something like, “It not over.” and right then and there, absolutely believing him and expecting the worst.

This loss to Carolina was tragic in that the confusion seemed involuntary, helpless, like the tremor of some uncontrollable condition overtook the club.

And then there was the media reaction and then there was and has been a sort of enjoyment from many within the fanbase. And only the media’s schadenfreude makes sense.

I would have preferred a hangover the morning after with no memory of the events given another chance.

Great take thanks. I remember looking at the score and seeing it 1-0 Leafs then looking again like a half hour later and it was 3-1 Canes. I said...here we go. Had it been 3-1 Leafs maybe I would have paid more attention but that score just turned me off.

Reactions: ITM

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018

The Leafs laid down and died. They could not penetrate the big Canes neutral zone trap. and the team collectively made a decision to die. I have never seen it in all my years of hockey. Early on we were circling at least and trying to penetrate with our Euro breakout but then the lights went out. and us spectators were left aghast.

Reactions: LeafsRus

ITM

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe...
Jan 26, 2012
The Leafs laid down and died. They could not penetrate the big Canes neutral zone trap. and the team collectively made a decision to die. I have never seen it in all my years of hockey. Early on we were circling at least and trying to penetrate with our Euro breakout but then the lights went out. and us spectators were left aghast.

I don’t think they decided to at all. It looked like confusion. An inability to choose the right thing to do at the right moment. I saw effort from a few players. Saw Matthews and Sandin go through the trap. But as a group, there wasn’t any sign of communicating the same game plan. Saw Keefe yapping on the bench, so I suspect he was trying to relay the specifics of the plan. And full credit to the Canes for resembling a desperate team. But I don’t think decision was at the fore of the Leafs that night. I think they reacted in several instances without much thought.

And I don’t know what’s more horrific. Knowing what to do and not being able to do it. Or forgetting what to do having once known what to do.

But deciding to do what they did Saturday night? No I don’t think so. Because if that was proven to be a decision then...That renders this group far worse than being simply “entitled”.

TDotMassive

Jul 13, 2018
6ix
Dude the diameter of the Earth is a line that runs directly through the center core of the plant. A line that runs straight along a curved surface (such as Earth's) will be much longer than an actual straight line through the core.

TDotMassive

Jul 13, 2018
6ix
Dude the diameter of the Earth is a line that runs directly through the center core of the plant. A line that runs straight along a curved surface (such as Earth's) will be much longer than an actual straight line through the core.

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
Fake news.

The Earth is nothing but a flat disc. The diameter is also the maximum distance you can travel.

If the Earth was a ball, a rainbow would look like a straight line because how can an arc look like an arc if land was also arcing? Checkmate.

Zack47

Oct 21, 2017
I've said it before, and I am serious. If Marner actually cared about the team, he would nullify his contract and offer to re-sign for 8.5 --- at most, Mitch! Not a cent more.

Reactions: LeafsRus
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad