Worst leadership in Senators history?

Answer

Dec 17, 2006
Edmonton
Then why cheer for the team then?

Rather arguing with me you need to channel your frustration towards the Team

It is the Team who is putting up a shit show on the Ice, I am just criticizing their awful performances.

Bad performances and failures are subject to criticism. Is it done differently in your world?

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
I hope this thread keeps getting bumped as a symbol of how stupid you can look when you make these terrible reactionary threads.

Reactions: aragorn

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
I hope this thread keeps getting bumped as a symbol of how stupid you can look when you make these terrible reactionary threads.

uhhh every time this team starts playing "meaningful" games and adversity, they fold hard.

I'm not saying that this leadership corps will always be the worst. just that this year is one of the most mentally soft teams and leadership we have seen.

terrible leadership from Dorion and DJ, Brady and Chabot being too young to handle the responsibilities placed on them. scary what could have been without Giroux.

hopefully they improve and they should.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
uhhh every time this team starts playing "meaningful" games and adversity, they fold hard.

I'm not saying that this leadership corps will always be the worst. just that this year is one of the most mentally soft teams and leadership we have seen.

terrible leadership from Dorion and DJ, Brady and Chabot being too young to handle the responsibilities placed on them. scary what could have been without Giroux.

hopefully they improve and they should.
God what a bunch of bullshit ... they were 4 pts out of a playoff spot before that Western road trip in MARCH, how is that not playing menaningful games? They have 5 guys with over 50 pts, go look at their history to see how many times that has been done, it will take a while.

They have already improved from last yr if you don't see it it's because you don't want to. Do you not realize these other teams are also trying to win games & that their player's jobs are also in jeopardy, do you not give them any credit at all especially the better teams? This is the best hockey league in the world & any team can beat any team & we have seen the Sens win against the best teams in the league & lose against the worst, the same thing happens to other teams all the time.

They are still just not quite good enough or consistent enough yet because they are still quite young, but they are improving & should be much better next season. And then there are the injuries & losing both NHL goalies which people seem to forget. These two AHL goalies had 3 games of NHL experience before this yr, does that somehow not matter?

You just hate Tkachuk JUST SAY IT! You love Karlsson & hate Tkachuk JUST SAY IT!

Last edited:

Answer

Dec 17, 2006
Edmonton
I can't say I see it as a slam dunk in either direction.

There's been some positive progression this year, but there's some things to be worried about as well.

Good point. But for me when it comes to sports, I can't help but to criticize a sports Team on their awful, embarrassing performances, that just doesn't seem to stop. No one is criticizing a loss, but the WAY they lose when it matters most, is just outrageously pathetic

Some fans here are even more softer than the Team's play. They take it to heart if someone points out how bad this Team is. 'Bitch and moan even if they win the Stanley Cup'? Really now? Some fans needs to wake the f*** up and see the reality of the situation. It is another Failed season. They did not accomplished anything.

Now, some fans naively compare this season with with last 2 years and deem it a successful.. NOT realizing that we have been the at the epitome of failure, that there is no way but to go up

They are all grownups, not 12 year old, that we should encourage their failures, and hand them medals for participation

Very poor IQ level on your part for not realizing how accurate this thread is, so far.

Then why cheer for the team then?

When they win, I will cheer

When they lose, I will criticize

What am I doing wrong?

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Good point. But for me when it comes to sports, I can't help but to criticize a sports Team on their awful, embarrassing performances, that just doesn't seem to stop. No one is criticizing a loss, but the WAY they lose when it matters most, is just outrageously pathetic

Some fans here are even more softer than the Team's play. They take it to heart if someone points out how bad this Team is. 'Bitch and moan even if they win the Stanley Cup'? Really now? Some fans needs to wake the f*** up and see the reality of the situation. It is another Failed season. They did not accomplished anything.

Now, some fans naively compare this season with with last 2 years and deem it a successful.. NOT realizing that we have been the at the epitome of failure, that there is no way but to go up

They are all grownups, not 12 year old, that we should encourage their failures, and hand them medals for participation

Very poor IQ level on your part for not realizing how accurate this thread is, so far.

When they win, I will cheer

When they lose, I will criticize

What am I doing wrong?
Where were you & Agent Zub when they were losing tons of games when Karlsson was their captain & calling him a terrible leader & the worse team ever? Ottawa had numerous terrible seasons when Karlsson was on the team where was this criticism then?

All I ever saw was people constantly defending Karlsson because he was the best defenscemen ever even though they missed the playoffs so many times while he was here & lost all kinds of important games when it counted most. He's a great defenceman on a non playoff team, that seems to be when he excels, when it doesn't matter. And why didn't anyone want him at the deadline if he is so great?

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
Where were you & Agent Zub when they were losing tons of games when Karlsson was their captain & calling him a terrible leader & the worse team ever? Ottawa had numerous terrible seasons when Karlsson was on the team where was this criticism then?

All I ever saw was people constantly defending Karlsson because he was the best defenscemen ever even though they missed the playoffs so many times while he was here & lost all kinds of important games when it counted most. He's a great defenceman on a non playoff team, that seems to be when he excels, when it doesn't matter. And why didn't anyone want him at the deadline if he is so great?

Karlsson teams almost always outperformed their talent level. And the seasons where they did flame out badly were the ones Karlsson was injured or coming off injury.

not saying he was the perfect leader but cmon, Karlsson, Turris, Anderson and Stone led teams had way more backbone.

this big-money team now has no excuse to not be performing better than those Karlsson budget teams but it's not even close.

one team overperformed and came up clutch all the time while the other consistently underperforms whenever they face adversity.

Karlsson had led and starred in three playoff appearances by the time he was Brady's age, and 5 by the time he was Chabot's age.

so how are you able to say that Karlsson is the one who struggles when things matter when Brady and Chabot have yet to play a meaningful game in their career? that makes no logical sense.

Answer

Dec 17, 2006
Edmonton

I think you are making this Karlsson vs Tkachuk. Which it is not

When we say weak leadership, we are not particularly pointing at Tkachuk or implying he is not a good Captain, or should be replace. We are talking as a leadership group, that included bunch of other players, and to some extend coaching, as well.

Maybe, in the future this thread might look silly, if they prove us wrong, and I hope to death they do. But, for the time being, it does seem like a Team that has a weak leadership core.

And to answer your first question. I had my share of criticism thrown at Karlsson, too. On his play and decision making, at times. His leadership probably wasn't perfect too, but when he was Captain here. He Lead this Team to 1 remarkable regular season run, and 1 playoff run, in his brief Captaincy tenure. So, I can't really complain much about him being a Captain, and a mentally strong one!

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
I think you are making this Karlsson vs Tkachuk. Which it is not

When we say weak leadership, we are not particularly pointing at Tkachuk or implying he is not a good Captain, or should be replace. We are talking as a leadership group, that included bunch of other players, and to some extend coaching, as well.

Maybe, in the future this thread might look silly, if they prove us wrong, and I hope to death they do. But, for the time being, it does seem like a Team that has a weak leadership core.

And to answer your first question. I had my share of criticism thrown at Karlsson, too. On his play and decision making, at times. His leadership probably wasn't perfect too, but when he was Captain here. He Lead this Team to 1 remarkable regular season run, and 1 playoff run, in his brief Captaincy tenure. So, I can't really complain much about him being a Captain, and a mentally strong one!

Why are you in this thread writing a novel instead of watching the game in the GDT?

I'm convinced you're not actually a fan.

Reactions: aragorn

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Karlsson teams almost always outperformed their talent level. And the seasons where they did flame out badly were the ones Karlsson was injured or coming off injury.

not saying he was the perfect leader but cmon, Karlsson, Turris, Anderson and Stone led teams had way more backbone.

this big-money team now has no excuse to not be performing better than those Karlsson budget teams but it's not even close.

one team overperformed and came up clutch all the time while the other consistently underperforms whenever they face adversity.

Karlsson had led and starred in three playoff appearances by the time he was Brady's age, and 5 by the time he was Chabot's age.

so how are you able to say that Karlsson is the one who struggles when things matter when Brady and Chabot have yet to play a meaningful game in their career? that makes no logical sense.
Karlsson's squads get so overrated in general. They were crap for much of it and if it werent for him they would have been in the lottery a lot of that time. Bubble teams at best and always crippled by Melnyk and his budget. That last year was a joke, replacing Methot with Oduya lol.

Reactions: Agent Zub

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Objectivity vs denial
Your takes are terrible.

Karlsson's squads get so overrated in general. They were crap for much of it and if it werent for him they would have been in the lottery a lot of that time. Bubble teams at best and always crippled by Melnyk and his budget. That last year was a joke, replacing Methot with Oduya lol.
None were built to win anything substantial. This sens team is so much younger than those ones. This thread and these posts are going to look even more idiotic then they already do in a few years once this core gets to the same age.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad