Worst Hockey Market in NHL?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gudzilla

Aug 9, 2012
Florida have some of the best fans. If your team sucks for 10+ years and people still always showed up, its a sign of good fans. If you want to see worst markets, look at ESPN:s list and go after the band wagonners. Chicago and Pittsburgh amongst others couldn't even give away their tickets.

Florida, when they are winning, have some of the best fans. The team is turning around and you could see last year during the playoffs what it will look like when we win on a consistant basis. The rats, the old Miami arena...

I think people just call Florida out because they like to poke on a bad team in a sunny place. We don't boo our team like most other fanbases do.

e/ realized it sounded like they were best when bandwagonning... but you can look at crowd videos on youtube from florida when they clinched playoffs etc last season. they still have good fans even if they aren't maniac like the canadian ones

Starkiller

Apr 15, 2013
Belleville
Florida have some of the best fans. If your team sucks for 10+ years and people still always showed up, its a sign of good fans. If you want to see worst markets, look at ESPN:s list and go after the band wagonners. Chicago and Pittsburgh amongst others couldn't even give away their tickets.

Florida, when they are winning, have some of the best fans. The team is turning around and you could see last year during the playoffs what it will look like when we win on a consistant basis. The rats, the old Miami arena...

I think people just call Florida out because they like to poke on a bad team in a sunny place. We don't boo our team like most other fanbases do.

e/ realized it sounded like they were best when bandwagonning... but you can look at crowd videos on youtube from florida when they clinched playoffs etc last season. they still have good fans even if they aren't maniac like the canadian ones

Yeah thats true, I know a lot of Canadians Reside in Florida, or just live their in the winter time and attend the Games as well which would help.

gudzilla

Aug 9, 2012
Yeah thats true, I know a lot of Canadians Reside in Florida, or just live their in the winter time and attend the Games as well which would help.

exactly, Florida will always have enough away fans to fill the arenas somewhat.

It's quite hilarious how big of a difference it is between now and when Pittsburgh sucked, back then there were rarely any pens fans, now there's many.

There's a lot of signs that good teams in "non-traditional hockey markets" brings out more fans. For every peak in a teams history, there's new fans.

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
Both of the main culprits (Phoenix and Florida) play outside their city centres. Though I have to say, it's got to be Florida. They have god awful tv numbers. They're not doing well now and they honestly don't have much room for growth.

TheDevilMadeMe

Aug 28, 2006
Brooklyn
1) Denigrating fanbases is not allowed on hfboards, and this thread is an invitation to do that
2) This thread has nothing to do with the History of Hockey, so even if it was allowed, it's in the wrong place.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad