Speculation: Worst Defence-man in Leaf History

The Iceman

Sep 22, 2007
Nyland, Benning, Melrose, McGill, Komiserek, Oziganov, Tim Gleason, Drake Berehowski, TJ Brennan.

I have seen a lot over the years BUT....Klingberg might be the worst defensively (Small sample)

Reactions: Teeder Keon

AvroArrow

Fire Keefe
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Nobody is worse than Lebda. Hands down the biggest turd I have ever seen in the NHL, not just the Leafs. Honorable mention to Martin Marincin. Gardiner was garbage, but at least he provided some offence.

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
Who is the worst 5 or 10 d men in Leaf History?

If you would like add
Top 10 best D Men as well

Worst ever !!!!
Klingberg

Best ever
The King
Horton

I’ll get back with more after the game

I just laughed out loud knowing you've just found a way to fill the missing void in your heart after they got rid of the last guy you had an unnatural hate for (Engvall). :)

Teeder Keon

Defeat does not rest lightly on their shoulders
Mar 11, 2019
Deep in the Purple jungles of BC
I just laughed out loud knowing you've just found a way to fill the missing void in your heart after they got rid of the last guy you had an unnatural hate for (Engvall). :)

Lmao
It wouldn’t be right without one
GLG

1699330174261.gif

Oct 15, 2014
The Duke's Archives
Jonas Frogren

I'm not sure about worst of all-time, but Frogren was certainly someone on skates. I honestly think he could've played without a stick because he just loved acting like a goalie in front of the crease.

To make things worse, Leafs lost a 4th rounder and were fined $500K for violating the CBA when they got him. All that for 41 games of Frogren.

leafsfan2point0

Jun 8, 2011
I remember watching Andy Wozniewski with my dad as a kid and we would always say Andy What’s-new-ski because he was good for being at fault for at least 1 goal per game lol.

Squiffy

Victims, rn't we all
Oct 21, 2006
Toronto
Lebda and Wozniewski as mentioned.

Mike Kostka was horrible. As was Paul Ranger. Anders Eriksson.

Ranger? The rest ok, but Ranger was ok.

Berg would be top 4 on this current team. Not even close to being the worst defenseman.

Ya, he's a meme. Here on HF Leafs specifically. Not in conversation

Jim Korn
Wayne Hillman
Mike Pelyk
Staffan Kronwall
Brett Lebda
Jeff Finger
Mike Komisarek
Keith Aulie
Calle Johansson
Woz

This is a real list.

Matty Sundin

Jul 18, 2006
He got a lot of hate but he wasn’t as bad people say. He wasn’t even worse dman on the team during his time here.

Worst dman I saw on the leafs happens to be a hall of famer that was way passed it. If anyone remembers Phil Housley short stint in 2003 you would know what I’m talking about. He was completely cooked.

Judas Tavares

S2S (Sundin2Sandin)
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2007
Ranger? The rest ok, but Ranger was ok.

Ya, he's a meme. Here on HF Leafs specifically. Not in conversation

This is a real list.
I seem to remember Ranger looking good on the Marlies when he came back to hockey. But his Leaf time my memory says he struggled mightily. I could be wrong though, but the fact that his name came to my head so easily means I suffered some sort of PTSD with him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad