GDT: Worst Contract in NHL History - Oilers v Leafs @ 5PM (of course it is, that is the only time the Leafs play)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevy9999

Mar 10, 2023
This team isn't deep enough to have Mcdrai on the same line, I don't know how many times we have to try that failed experiment.
So you're saying we don't have a sold forward group? Lol we have one of the best forward groups in the nhl. I think splitting McDrai up is smarter but maybe Knob head is playing a hunch today

Reactions: jesusbuiltmyhotrod

Rpenny

Feb 23, 2019
you know the Oilers will try their damnedest to get Hyman his 50th tonight. I do love the main board and how they overlook that Hyman and Reinhart are only 9 goals behind Mattthews. Matthews may get lots of hattricks but Reinhart and Hyman are more consistent goal scorers

Heavy Dee

May 29, 2005
Hate to see Stecher go back to the pressbox when there are dmen that are worse than him in the lineup. We have the most ass backwards front office/coaching staff in the league.

Best game from our #1 in months? Nah, screw it. Let's go back to the dcore that can't break a puck out under pressure whatsoever
Stecher basically unlocked Nurse last game and allowed him to play fast and free. I hate this coaching decision.

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
Annoyed to see Stecher out.

Vinny's finger isn't going to be fully healed. You can hide that on the 3rd pairing, but it's going to get exposed on a pairing where more than "just chip it off the glass" is expected. If he's in the top 4, he needs to be at 100% to keep his head above water. Anything less is setting him (and Nurse) up for failure.

However I get the feeling this is a "no one loses their job due to an injury" situation. Though I wouldn't be that concerned for Vinny.

When I look at the defence, I have a pretty quick approach. Ekholm and Bouchard is more or less written in stone, and on the next two pairings, it's the LD that stirs the drink; Thus the questions that should be asked are...

Who brings out the best in Nurse?
Who brings out the best in Kulak?

Imo both the eye test and numbers suggest the answers are Stecher and Vinny respectively.

jesusbuiltmyhotrod

Feb 27, 2021
Love the title . Please beat the leafs, please beat the leafs….

39-12-3 sure sounds like a dumpster fire to me.

Yeah, I'll leave the lineup decisions to a coach who seems to know what he's doing & has all the info available over some random on the internet.
The hyperbole on this forum is ridiculous isn’t it? Oilers have been the best team in the NHL Statistically for 3 plus months. Clearly most people on this forum only watch oilers games and think other teams look dominant every period

tiger_80

Apr 11, 2007
Leafs have some 20 million in salary burried on the LTIR. Are they trying to stone the NHL during the playoffs?

kevy9999

Mar 10, 2023
you know the Oilers will try their damnedest to get Hyman his 50th tonight. I do love the main board and how they overlook that Hyman and Reinhart are only 9 goals behind Mattthews. Matthews may get lots of hattricks but Reinhart and Hyman are more consistent goal scorerp
Oiiers haven't played well in Toronto for a while. I hope they give it their A game and Hyman gets a couple but a win is most important or we will be hearing bullshit talk from delusional leafs fans over 1 regular season win over Oiiers lol. Sorry but run on sentence but I don't care 😁

Reactions: Duke74

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
I do wonder how much of its leadership related. I always get the impression the leaders want certain guys in the lineup. I also question how much patience they have with young players in the lineup. Not sure it’s coincidence that we have the most veteran team and while Holland plays a part, I don’t know if its all him. But who knows honesy.
Do these so called leaders dictate ice time per game as well? Ceci has been getting a lot more TOi than VD and Stecher even when stecher was paired up with Nurse..

The notion that McDrai are the reason why Ceci is in the lineup is just untrue.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Rumour is that Rielly's jock is still hanging from the rafters right above where McDavid undressed him in front of the entire country.
I'd be careful with embarrassing him like that again, not very sportsmanlike and you might get a crosscheck in the head for it.

You couldn't help yourself, could you? It's actually really weird
Its pretty weird, since the new year skinner has allowed in 4+ goals only 4 times.

In the same period hes allowed 1 goal 8 times.

Reactions: TB12

OilerTyler

Disgruntled
Jul 5, 2009
Edmonton
Its pretty weird, since the new year skinner has allowed in 4+ goals only 4 times.

In the same period hes allowed 1 goal 8 times.

You can go back further than the new year. Since Knoblauch got hired Skinner has a 0.917 save percentage and 2.38 GAA over 41 games. Those are elite numbers in 2024. Anyone who still thinks Skinner sucks is either delusional or just looking for attention.

He bails the team out way more often than they bail him out.

Reactions: Tobias Kahun

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
This team isn't deep enough to have Mcdrai on the same line, I don't know how many times we have to try that failed experiment.
Its a reasonable option. But it does not have to be a full time thing. One advantage of having guys who can play multiple positions is that you can adjust your line-up when necessary or to take care of certain match-up advantages.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad