World Juniors Team Leaders

Status
Not open for further replies.

hockey observer

Mar 12, 2004
Just Curious, What Kind Of Impact Sidney Crosby Will Have On The Canadian Team At The Upcoming World Juniors?

Last Year He Played A Small Role Where He Was Getting Some Experience As A 16 Year Old But Was Not Relied On In Key Situtions. I Believe The Team Will Be Very Similar To Last Year's , Possibly With A Few Returning Players Maybe Not Not Making The Squad. My Question Is How Much Will They Depend On Him And Will The Team Build Their Offense Around Him .

Dr.Sens(e)

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
While Canada will always roll out more than one "scoring line", I believe Crosby is pretty much guaranteed to play a much more prominent roll on the team this year and expect him to be a key part of one of the top lines.

Last year, he'd only played a couple of months of junior hockey and it wasn't clear whether he really was as dominant as he appeared to be. He was also one of the youngest players to ever play on the team, and Canada's coaches always lean towards junior hockey veterans. With a CHL Player of the Year under his belt, it's pretty clear Crosby is the real deal and will know what to expect of the WJC this year.

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
On the Canadian depth chart, I'd probably have him battling Jeff Carter for the #2 center position --- behind Horton.

Roughneck

Oct 15, 2003
Calgary
Visit site
I would think they would move Horton to the wing, or even play Crosby on the wing with Horton. I can see him play with some 'vets.' I think he's pretty much guaranteed to play with one of Horton or Bergeron. Or even both.

As for leaders captains wise, I really have no idea who will wear the C and As this year. Horton? Seabrook? Richards? At least they have alot to choose from, but since it doesn't look like Burns will make the team, there are no returning captians (which is usual I guess).

John Flyers Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Assuming that Horton and Bergereon will play for Canada I think you'll see:

Dawes-Richards-Stewart

Then a group of Getzlaf, Carter, Horton, Bergeron and Crosby to help form two more scoring lines.

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
Crosby will have a major role, but not as big as it would be if the lockout ends before then. I figure Horton will be the team's lead player due to his combination of experience, size, and ability.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad