World Juniors 2020 Czech Republic

AttackSound

Junior Hockey Fan Since Birth
Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
Started this thread to allow posters share there opinions on Canada's game's during the World Juniors 2020 tournament. As there are always seems to be a number of OHLers who are in Canada's World Junior roster still that could represent the maple leaf.

Canada's Games 2020

GM #1 CAN v.s USA Dec 26th 700 p.m.

GM #2 CAN v.s. Russia Dec 27th 700 p.m.

GM #3 CAN v.s. Germany Dec 30th 300 p.m.

GM #4 CAN v.s. Czech Rep. Dec 31st 700 p.m.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Quarter Final Jan 2nd

Quarter Final 2 Jan 2nd

Quarter Final 3 Jan 2nd

Quarter Final 4 Jan 2nd

Semi-final Jan 4th

Semi-Final Jan 4th

Gold Metal Game Jan 5th

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Reactions: three dog night

Section7fan

Feb 12, 2018
Little off topic but does anyone know how Joe Veleno is in the AHL? Wasn’t he drafted out of the Q?

SeniorJuniorFan

Dec 13, 2013
He went into QMJHL as "exceptional" (i.e.: 1 year early). Once you have played 4 seasons in Maj. Jr., as he has, you are then eligible for pro hockey.

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
Little off topic but does anyone know how Joe Veleno is in the AHL? Wasn’t he drafted out of the Q?

Exceptional status players can go to the AHL one year early due to having already played three years of junior.

Zebra

Feb 12, 2017
I am going to be in Hawaii- can anyone recommend a streaming service ?

badcoltbad

Oct 15, 2018
option is IPTV, but you need an android TV box. You can also get the NHL network as well

count35

Nov 26, 2014
Soo
I am going to be in Hawaii- can anyone recommend a streaming service ?

Wow do you’ll be 12 hours behind the game? If it’s showing at 7pm local Czech time you’ll be watching it at 7am? Nice!!!!

I always thought getting up at that hour to watch NFL until noon then going to the beach.....sigh that’s the life!!!

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
US will win this. Canada 3rd or 4th.
Argh, I hope you are wrong ....... we shall soon find out though and sadly I’m not convinced, you may not be right? We have to accept the US are pumping out some great skilled players and are legitimate every year as a top contender! Fingers crossed!!

AttackSound

Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
Watching the Canada vs. Russia game, Hunter finally has enough of ND's inconsistency. I still stand by my belief that Daws was not the goalie everyone thought he'd be in this tournament.

Hopefully DH has seen what was plainly obvious all along to sit ND for the rest of the tournament, he was always a decent backup but he hasn't been a great starter even with the Storm he's been okay at best.

AttackSound

Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
Byfield is a talented guy but his youth as a 17yo in this tournament has shown that he is not ready to play on the big stage (0-6) after the 2nd frame versus the Russians the boys against men.

Reactions: Bra Wavers

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
Or as Brian Burke once said, “like an 18 wheeler going over a cliff”.

Not to worry though. Because if a lame format, a team can go 2-2 in the preliminary round and still have a shot at gold. Canada has what should be two “easy” games to finish this round.

Problem with this format is that because of the combination of: lack of must win games/easy games in the preliminary round, teams often aren’t playing with their “backs against the wall” until the elimination round.

Back in the day, every game was must win and we played like it. These days, not so much.

PuckStop75

Feb 21, 2019
Watching the Canada vs. Russia game, Hunter finally has enough of ND's inconsistency. I still stand by my belief that Daws was not the goalie everyone thought he'd be in this tournament.

Hopefully DH has seen what was plainly obvious all along to sit ND for the rest of the tournament, he was always a decent backup but he hasn't been a great starter even with the Storm he's been okay at best.
This is on Hockey Canada, they have a program of excellence, and then allow coach to select 2 non participants with zero international experience to take the net. Why have the program if they’re not going to trust the process? Should have been Jones & Rodrigue in net, with Rodrigue holding the upper hand based on his international experience, skill & technically both these goalies are better than ND & JH. They’ve got Rodrigue sitting in the stands!

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
This is on Hockey Canada, they have a program of excellence, and then allow coach to select 2 non participants with zero international experience to take the net. Why have the program if they’re not going to trust the process? Should have been Jones & Rodrigue in net, with Rodrigue holding the upper hand based on his international experience, skill & technically both these goalies are better than ND & JH. They’ve got Rodrigue sitting in the stands!

The explanation as to why Rodrigue isn't playing is because he’s having a crappy season.

I guess they are going with the hot hands. That being said, yesterday’s loss should be blamed on a lot more than bad goaltending.

How about no challenge on the first goal? That sequence was offside TWICE.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad