Canada vs. Sweden
Fri 1PM ET / 10AM PT on TSN1, TSN3, TSN4 and TSN5

United States vs. Finland
Fri 4PM ET / 1PM PT on TSN2

Sweden vs. Finland
Sat 4PM ET / 1PM PT on TSN2

United States vs. Canada
Sat 7PM ET / 4PM PT on TSN4

I'm unable to watch any of these games... But i would love to hear reviews of these games by anyone who does...

We have a couple prospects in Brisebois and Boeser participating... (anyone else?)

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Both SHOULD play tomorrow lets hope it happens and see what BB and Briesy can do

Southern_Canuck

Sep 13, 2004
Brisebois wearing #5 and is in the lineup against Sweden.

Last shift he was in deep on offence, and later made an unsuccessful pinch... looks very confident.
Won the puck in a board battle against a Swede in his off-corner in the defensive zone, and calmly passed it to his partner to begin an offensive rush.

S_C

Last edited:

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
Gord Miller: "The Red Wings have always believed defense is the most important position in hockey... they've had some greats... Lidstrom... Rafalski..." (awkward silence as he tries to come up with more names but fails)

okay, gord.

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
Brisebois wearing #6 and is in the lineup against Sweden.

Last shift he was in deep on offence, and later made an unsuccessful pinch... looks very confident.
Won the puck in a board battle against a Swede in his off-corner in the defensive zone, and calmly passed it to his partner to begin an offensive rush.

S_C

Keep it coming...

Southern_Canuck

Sep 13, 2004
A number of gaffes resulted in Swede goals...
1) Tight screen in front of Hart
2) Hart overplays the passer and Foote lost his stick
3) Well, that was embarrassing (Hart goes down early, and Eriksson comes out from corner and scores easily
4) Strange deflection off point shot after poor Canada defensive clearing attempt

Box score

S_C

Southern_Canuck

Sep 13, 2004
Brisebois (I was incorrect he is #5) actually seems to be playing right-side --- just got off a dangerous point shot, and then another from the slot after a scramble... both nearly resulted in a goal (on with Cirelli's line)

He's really pushing on offence.

S_C

Last edited:

Southern_Canuck

Sep 13, 2004
Jeesh - it's been about 10 min since Brisebois hit the ice... wasn't used as they had two powerplays in a row... I guess he is PK only for this coach!

S_C

Southern_Canuck

Sep 13, 2004
Finally gets a shift, and promptly in a 25 second board battle in his own zone... Canada comes away with puck.

Brisebois with a wrister way wide from the point.

S_C

Southern_Canuck

Sep 13, 2004
Brisebois was listed as a 7th D for this game, and is getting that kind of ice time...

Lauzon - Spencer
Vande Sompel - Foote
Bean - Fabbro
Brisebois

In his limited ice, he has looked decent - definitely looks for offensive opportunities... don't know if he has a chance to make the team based on how the coach is using the players...

S_C

FroshaugFan2

Dec 7, 2006
Brisebois was listed as a 7th D for this game, and is getting that kind of ice time...

Lauzon - Spencer
Vande Sompel - Foote
Bean - Fabbro
Brisebois

In his limited ice, he has looked decent - definitely looks for offensive opportunities... don't know if he has a chance to make the team based on how the coach is using the players...

S_C

I never put too much stock into this event.

How Brisebois plays in the Q to start the season and the pre tournament camp (if he makes it) are much bigger factors.

Southern_Canuck

Sep 13, 2004
14 min into the 3rd before Brisebois gets a shift. Uneventful - includes another extended board battle, and not much else.

S_C

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
As a third-rounder, Brisebois will have to be twice as good as any of the other d-men in order to receive serious consideration....he'll get the 'Frankie Corrado treatment' in all likelihood...seems to me he outplayed half the starting roster of d-men in one or two evaluation camps and still got the axe...I think sometimes that Hockey Canada doesn't want to make the NHL scouting community look bad by deleting a high draft pick in favor of a late-rounder.

Southern_Canuck

Sep 13, 2004
Boeser wearing #19 - after a couple of pretty uneventful shifts, makes a good pass to the point from a corner puck battle, but point shot is blocked - on the ensuing play eventually ends up -1 as Laczynski can't get back to cover the Finn shooter... 1-0 Finland.

S_C

Southern_Canuck

Sep 13, 2004
After a lazy offside, Boeser gets a good chance off a rebound... then later controls play off the left wing and gets the puck to Bellows for a dangerous shot.

S_C

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad