GDT: World Junior Showcase GM4: Thurs 7PM TSN

Mats13

Apr 22, 2015
I noticed that a lot more this year when I watched Jr games, figured that wouldn't fly in the NHL. Plus lack of defensive commitment, low intensity, and meh skating...just leaned more and more towards Marner. Marner's hockey IQ is ridiculous...speaking of great feeds...

I think Strome is going to be very good, but the fact is he has holes in his game. Marner, on the other hand, really doesn't.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
I think Strome is going to be very good, but the fact is he has holes in his game. Marner, on the other hand, really doesn't.

Shades of Claude Giroux to me with Marner. Only question was centre or wing in the NHL? We seem committed to develop him as a centre with him getting time playing at C this year with the Knights.

He plays like a centre to me, a couple shifts ago he was down low in the defensive low doing all the work of a centre.

Mats13

Apr 22, 2015
Shades of Claude Giroux to me with Marner. Only question was centre or wing in the NHL? We seem committed to develop him as a centre with him getting time playing at C this year with the Knights.

He plays like a centre to me, a couple shifts ago he was down low in the defensive low doing all the work of a centre.

I don't know if Marner really has any player that is very comparable with him.

I see him as a combo of Giroux/Datsyuk/Gilmour/Kane.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
I don't know if Marner really has any player that very comparable with him.

We have the same idea on him at least, I agree with those comparables and having qualities of those players.

Think we have some special players.

Bracco had a nice goal earlier for USA as well. We have some nice forwards in the pipeline.

67Cup

Sep 16, 2005
I don't know if Marner really has any player that is very comparable with him.

Older posters who remember Denis Savard in his prime may see some similarities to Marner.

Mats13

Apr 22, 2015
We have the same idea on him at least, I agree with those comparables and having qualities of those players.

Think we have some special players.

Bracco had a nice goal earlier for USA as well. We have some nice forwards in the pipeline.

Yeah his vision definitely shows shades of Giroux, then he's got those slick hands (offensively and defensively) of Datsyuk, he also has the playmaking similar to Kane and let's not forget Gilmour's intensity.

Mitch Marner is a very exciting prospect.

Disclaimer: not saying he's as good as those players, it's just comparables

Mats13

Apr 22, 2015
I know what he's capable of, but when he makes those plays I'm amazed every time :laugh:

He created both of Strome's goals

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Them hands lol.

Thinking Kocecny might be a decent fit with Marner too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad