World Junior Championships Thread - Garand, Othmann, Cuylle win GOLD!

huerter

Aug 16, 2020
Garand is maybe like their 6th best prospect. WJCs is a very high flying tournament so it's not really the be all end all.

The read on Garand always was very solid but plays for a stacked team. Needs a lot of work and gets better with more shots faced.

No one is expecting him to turn into another Lundqvist or Shesterkin, at best he is a low end solid #1 and at worst an ECHL goalie. The reality is somewhere in between. The hope is he becomes Igor's backup on an ELC as soon as end of this season but more realistically next fall or fall 2024 so they can allocate cash to other areas.
I agree that is the general consensus. As a former high major DOBO and currently at 247, screw the general consensus.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
I think the rule is, since he wasn't picked in the first round, he has to either be 22 or out of contract/released by his Liiga club if he is to play in the AHL. I don't know what his contract status is but he's obviously under contract for this season, as he's expected to spend the whole year with TPS.

He's a big, lanky kid who, if he fills out, should be a load to handle. Skates pretty well, moves the puck around nicely. I like him as a longshot prospect, but he is still really raw and needs a lot more time.

1661035770896.png

Kalle Väisänen is currently under contract until 2024, which means he can play in the AHL in 2023-24 the earliest IF he signs his ELC before October 1st.

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019

Never changed my view so radically on a prospect in short time but Othmann’s WJC has been nothing short of eye-opening so far. This quote sealed it

Love his cocky attitude. Reminds me so much of Dubinsky in that regard when he was with the Rangers. Hope he calls Hughes Barzal or any one of the rivals a big baby in the future 😂

Yeah he's going to play at Providence this season. He'll be a teammate of Berard.

I see a Viktal Stalberg type. Big physical winger that can PK. Is that his upside? Im not that familiar with him.

Almost like an alternate universe where fans think Garard is the teams #1 prospect ;)
I am sure fans think Garand will either backup Igor or be in the ECHL.

Reactions: Tob

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Yeah he's going to play at Providence this season. He'll be a teammate of Berard.

He's traveling straight to Providence tomorrow and won't be going back home. Pretty crazy off-season he's had. The Rangers told him in June to skip prospect camp to try and earn a spot on Czechia's u20 team. The shoulder injury sucks but it was a huge success for him personally.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad