World Hockey Champ: Russia Finland on now (2pm)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGoldenJet

Apr 2, 2008
Coquitlam, BC
Good to see Malkin and Kulemin both on the score sheet in the gold medal game.

Hopefully our future GM takes note of their play together at this tournament.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Two of my three favorite players right here:

ovechkin-wc-celebration2.jpg

Congrats to Russia!

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Good to see Malkin and Kulemin both on the score sheet in the gold medal game.

Hopefully our future GM takes note of their play together at this tournament.

Oh I see what you did there . . . :laugh:

I actually do think that Kule is to Geno what Hrdina was to Jagr. I'm not sure how many here share that sentiment outside of about two dozen of us, but . . .

Riggs

Apr 6, 2004
Pittsburgh
Malkin is such a *****. Big guy who cant take that hit.

I think it was Gordie Howe that said something to the effect of "If they wanted to hit me, they were going to have to go through my stick and an elbow to do it".

I have no problem Malkin getting his stick up to protect himself in a "just don't get hurt" tournament.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
that's 2 Golds, 1 Silver and 2 Bronze medals for Geno at the WC.

You say that as if it were a good thing... The more medals you get at the meaningless tournament the more it means you/your team didn't do your job in the NHL. I'd love it if he never got to play in this joke of a tournament because we were too good.

Last edited:

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
You say that as if it was a good thing... The more medals you get at the meaningless tournament the more it means you/your team didn't do your job in the NHL. I'd love it if he never got to play in this joke of a tournament because we were too good.

It's not a big deal to us in North America because of the cup, but's it's huge to win gold for our friends across the Atlantic. Calling it a joke seems a little disrespectful.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
It's not a big deal to us in North America because of the cup, but's it's huge to win gold for our friends across the Atlantic. Calling it a joke seems a little disrespectful.

Russia is the only country that has anything close to its A team - and that's because their guys will go even after 2 rounds of playoffs. So, yeah, it is kind of a joke. I understand its importance for Europeans, but it still doesn't make it best-on-best tournament. Just look at how Russia does when the bests are there... not so good.

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
Congrats to Malkin and the Russian's, that should make them enjoy the summer a little more

As for his hit, I think it was dirty but also more of a reflex, saw him coming to hit him at the last second. Malkin doesn't do that type of stuff

Crafton

Liver-Eating Johnson
May 6, 2010
San Francisco
You say that as if it were a good thing... The more medals you get at the meaningless tournament the more it means you/your team didn't do your job in the NHL. I'd love it if he never got to play in this joke of a tournament because we were too good.

getting the opportunity to play in the WC really isn't on him, for the most part he hasn't been the reason that this team has flamed out. given that circumstance, it's nice to see him achieve some success in the international arena. i'm all for ******** on everything related to this team, but i think your indignation is misguided in this instance. no pens fan wants him playing at the WC but if the pens are bounced, why wouldn't you want to see him achieve success there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad