Prospect Info: World-Famous Ninth Semi-Annual Beacon Prospect Poll: #1 NYR Prospect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Another draft is over and now now let's get back to ranking our prospects. We will rank our top-20 kids and the 5 who will remain in the poll, but won't make the top-20 will become Honorable Mentions.

Please write who you want added to the poll, and give a reason for it. This makes the discussion here more lively.

THE RULES

WHO IS A PROSPECT: We can't all have different standards based on what we each want personally. We are on the HF board, so let's follow their rules. The standard for what's a prospect is here: http://www.hockeysfuture.com/whatmakesaprospect

* Please don't write that so-and-so should or should not be a prospect. It's not up to each individual here to decide, it's up to the HF rules. Therefore, since no NHL games were played, all the prospects from the summer are still eligible because no NHL games were played

HOW TO RANK PROSPECTS: Based on their value in a hypothetical trade or waiver draft. This takes into consideration a prospect's ceiling, how close he's to making it, his health, work ethic, the whole deal. Imagine there was a prospect waiver draft and you could keep only one prospect. That guy is our #1 prospect. Then imagine we had one more waiver protection. That guy is our #2 prospect.

CATEGORIES: We'll be ranking the top 20 prospects.

- The top 5 will be "Top Prospects"
- The second 5 will be "Second-Tier"
- The third 5 "Projects"
- The fourth 5 will be "Suspects"
- The remaining 5 prospects who made it into the poll, but were not voted into the top-20 will be listed as "Honorable Mentions," their order being determined by how many votes they got in the last round.

GRADUATED: Carl Hagelin, Mats Zuccarello
TRADED AWAY: Steven Delisle, Blake Parlett
UNSIGNED: Jyri Niemi, Peter Ceresnak, Shane McColgan

ADDITIONS: Michael Kantor, Josh Nicholls, Tommy Hughes, Adam Tambellini, Pavel Buchnevich, Anthony Duclair, Ryan Graves, Mackenzie Skapski.

The first 6 options in the poll are the top 6 prospects from the winter who haven't graduated.

The previous rankings from the summer of 2012:

Centers: 5
Left Wings: 5 + 2HM
Right Wings: 5
Defensemen: 4 + 2HM
Goalies: 1 + 1HM

TOP PROSPECTS

1. LW Chris Kreider
2. LW Carl Hagelin
3. RW J.T. Miller
4. D Dylan McIlrath
5. D Brady Skjei

SECOND TIER

6. RW Jesper Fast
7. C Oscar Lindberg
8. LW Marek Hrivik
9. RW Christian Thomas
10. C Michael St. Croix
11. C Cristoval Nieves

PROJECTS

12. C Kyle Jean
13. D Calle Andersson
14. D Samuel Noreau
15. C Steven Fogarty

SUSPECTS

16. LW Andrew Yogan
17. G Cam Talbot
18. RW Shane McColgan
19. LW Ryan Bourque
20. RW Thomas Spelling

HONORABLE MENTIONS

21. LW Brandon Mashinter
22. D Peter Ceresnak
23. D Blake Parlett
24. LW Jason Wilson
25. G Jason Missiaen

RANGERS PROPERTY

* G Scott Stajcer

AHLer Who May Get NHL Contracts And Become Prospects

* C Shayne Wiebe (23 years old)
* D Sam Klassen (24 years old)

2012-rangers.jpg

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
LW Marek Hrivik and RW Christian Thomas both should be up there, with C Michael St. Croix and C Boo Nieves deserving consideration too. I will say Hrivik because he's the safest of all of these to make the NHL.

Voted for Kreider due to his potential. Hopefully he can put it all together this year.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
My top-5 as of now:

1. Chris Kreider, New York Rangers (NHL) [W]
2. JT Miller, Hartford Wolf Pack (AHL) [F]
3. Dylan McIlrath, Hartford Wolf Pack (AHL) [D]
4. Oscar Lindberg, Skellefteå AIK (SEL) [C]
5. Jesper Fast, Hartford Wolf Pack (AHL) [W]

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
I chose Lindberg over Kreider because I think Kreider will be on the opening night roster most likely. Add Hrivik.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
The vote on who to add will be much closer in this round than who'll be our top prospect.

Blueblood9

Dec 11, 2011
Nashville, TN
Voted krieder due to the fact that he still holds the most value of the all. I thjnk the names up there are the right no one needs to be added

Last edited:

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
The same set of names have been repeated annually. It's almost about time we unleash them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad