Pre-Game Talk: World cup of hockey 2016 thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RangerFan23

Jul 28, 2010
Saw a blurb that Auston Mathews was skating as the extra forward today at NA practice; anyone know who Miller was with?

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Saw a blurb that Auston Mathews was skating as the extra forward today at NA practice; anyone know who Miller was with?

I saw that he was swapping on the third line. Looked like Miller was on the fourth line with Courtier and Trocheck.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Not to get too political, but, it's one thing, I guess, if you're representing the country; it's a totally different thing if you're a citizen.

Just my $0.02

He's suppose to be more than just a citizen, he's suppose to be a role model, but your right..don't want this to get political so i'll end it there :)

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Are the games being played on olympic-sized ice or NHL-sized ice? I can at least understand why they'd opt for the "heavier, grittier" team if it's NHL-sized ice, but otherwise, it's just a mistake. Faulk should be there, and I'm iffy on Big Buff, but I think he's a good choice.

Not having Kessel or Tyler Johnson is really head scratching.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Are the games being played on olympic-sized ice or NHL-sized ice? I can at least understand why they'd opt for the "heavier, grittier" team if it's NHL-sized ice, but otherwise, it's just a mistake. Faulk should be there, and I'm iffy on Big Buff, but I think he's a good choice.

Not having Kessel or Tyler Johnson is really head scratching.

Tournament is in Canada, so it should be NA-sized rinks

NYRKindms

Dec 16, 2009

I find it ironic that Torts son is actually you know defending the freedoms that his dad will deny others because he doesn't agree with their political views.

and you do know what the 3rd verse in the anthem is about right ? you know the one they don't sing. Its a bad choice for an anthem simply because it is and has always been a weak song. Not to mention its about a war that was maybe a tie at best. The British burned DC to the ground.

America the Beautiful or this land is your land would have been much much better choices.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
If anyone is going to stream the Czech game in three hours, can you keep an eye on Nakladal for me? I won't be able to watch :(

Nah. I'll be too busy watching Future New York Ranger[sup][sup]TM[/sup][/sup] Rickard Rakell in the SWE/FIN game :naughty:

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ

Looks like Miller is not going to be the extra tonight!

I imagine it'll be Miller-Coots-Trocheck on the fourth line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad