Confirmed with Link: World Cup of Hockey 2016 Sept- Oct in Toronto

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
Well here’s Canada’s early lineup, subject to change, injuries etc.. :yo:

Not sure about the Adidas striped jersey’s yet, but do like the white Leaf on the arms

7 months to go!!!!

Roster:

Corey Crawford, Chicago Blackhawks, G
Braden Holtby, Washington Capitals, G
Carey Price, Montreal Canadiens, G
Drew Doughty, Los Angeles Kings, D
Duncan Keith, Chicago Blackhawks, D
Marc-Edouard Vlasic, San Jose Sharks, D
Shea Weber, Nashville Predators, D
Jamie Benn, Dallas Stars, F
Patrice Bergeron, Boston Bruins, F
Jeff Carter, Los Angeles Kings, F
Sidney Crosby, Pittsburgh Penguins, F
Ryan Getzlaf, Anaheim Ducks, F
Tyler Seguin, Dallas Stars, F
Steven Stamkos, Tampa Bay Lightning, F
John Tavares, New York Islanders, F
Jonathan Toews, Chicago Blackhawks, F

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Are they seriously still going to use that hot mess of a trophy they used the last time they did this?

165446898-gehry_nhl-may-12-2004-for-vertical-throw-gettyimages.jpg

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
The sad thing is, by the time this comes around I'll probably be hockey-starved enough to actually take an interest in it. Assuming the game times are somewhat euro-friendly

TeamRenzo

Jul 20, 2009
The sad thing is, by the time this comes around I'll probably be hockey-starved enough to actually take an interest in it. Assuming the game times are somewhat euro-friendly

Why is that sad? I love best on best tournaments

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Why is that sad? I love best on best tournaments

Eh, because at the moment it seems like a strange artificially constructed money-grab that will just do a poorer job of what the olympics today already does

jason2020

Sep 24, 2014
Eh, because at the moment it seems like a strange artificially constructed money-grab that will just do a poorer job of what the olympics today already does

There is even some question how well its going to do money wise.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
There is even some question how well its going to do money wise.

All the stranger then. Just seems like it's not a title that means anything, which makes it just an exhibition tournament, which makes it as pointless as the all-star game. Between the Olympics and the World Championships and even the World Juniors, I don't really feel like there's space for it. But I do often wish the NHL would start earlier, so at least it will be something going on at that time, though it could really suck for a team that gets a good player injured there right before the start of the season.

jason2020

Sep 24, 2014
All the stranger then. Just seems like it's not a title that means anything, which makes it just an exhibition tournament, which makes it as pointless as the all-star game. Between the Olympics and the World Championships and even the World Juniors, I don't really feel like there's space for it. But I do often wish the NHL would start earlier, so at least it will be something going on at that time, though it could really suck for a team that gets a good player injured there right before the start of the season.

When the rumors first started people said it would be a massive money maker now those same types are saying they would be lucky if it breaks even.

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax
If Canada wants the perfect winger to play with Crosby, they should be looking hard at Mark Stone imo. Good cycle game, very smart - great passer. They'd be unreal together imo.

Lenny the Lynx

Sep 20, 2008
ON
Are they seriously still going to use that hot mess of a trophy they used the last time they did this?

That trophy looks like a chocolate fountain or something. I imagine it has the functionality.

Also I don't know who that guy in the picture is but I had no idea that Melnyk and Murray had a son together

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
If Canada wants the perfect winger to play with Crosby, they should be looking hard at Mark Stone imo. Good cycle game, very smart - great passer. They'd be unreal together imo.

They'll probably just take Kunitz again :sarcasm:

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Canada got super lucky this year. If this tourney was mid season after Trump was elected and he got to pick Team USA (as is his right), you wouldn't stand a chance. Now this tourney will probably be more even, which is good for fans I guess.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Players are going to have to be ready to go sooner than normal, could be a short summer for the cup finalists.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa

Believe he is Canada's current highest scoring RW, that said these tourneys seem to favour previous play rather than current thus i assume he has no chance

Ragged

Sep 10, 2009

165446898-gehry_nhl-may-12-2004-for-vertical-throw-gettyimages.jpg

Speaking of the trophy and hot messes, that World Cup logo... What a train wreck.
zGyAlHV.jpg

(hint: my version is on the right)

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Not a chance that I am paying big money to see guys go half speed in a tune up game, but I'll definitely watch the games that matter on TV. Having said that, the whole Team North America and Team Europe concepts are a complete fail. Connor McDavid would a top six forward for Canada guaranteed - why in the world are you shunting him off to some B team that has been composed simply to fill TV time and sell tickets to a few more games? Only the NHL could take something as awesome as a best-on-best hockey tournament and find a way to screw it up...

Ad

Upcoming events

• Granada vs Osasuna
    Granada vs Osasuna
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $20.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00