GDT: World Cup - Europe vs USA [Game Ended]

Status
Not open for further replies.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
German Kopitar. I'm glad Leon is getting a chance to be on the same team with a player I consider one of the best in the game today.

One curious thing I learned this week is Gretzky has called Kopitar the 3rd best player in hockey behind only Crosby and Toews. I thought that was interesting.

Anyway I see a lot of that strong sensible play in Drai. But he is a confidence man, he has it or he doesn't. They'll be hot and cold spells with Leon.

I feel like thats pretty common in most young players though. It might be a couple hot/cold seasons, but I'm sure as he matures his consistency and ability to stay confident will improve. He was always going to be a bit of a project with his skating and conditioning, but when he's on he can be dominant. I'd be more worried if he wasn't showing the flashes of dominance.

Snipez*

Terry Jones ‏@sunterryjones 5m5 minutes ago
Next World Cup of Hockey likely in Edmonton in 2020. Bob Nicholson will be very interested in crowd counts for no-Canada games in Toronto.

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
Next World Cup of Hockey likely in Edmonton in 2020. Bob Nicholson will be very interested in crowd counts for no-Canada games in Toronto.

And McDavid will still be on the U23....haha

TheRebuild

Bold as Boognish
Jun 12, 2014
Winter
No, there generally are people on the main boards who believe this and make judgements on players based on pre-tournament games in a pre-season tournament.

There's no point in even going on the main boards for discussion, all you will find there, are people trying to push other people's buttons. No one there is an actual - rational - human being.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004

Bob Nicholson is the man. Say what you will about the great impact of McDavid but Nicholson's impact has been nothing short of phenomenal as well. The Chiarelli hiring and now possibly adding the Hlinka and WCH tournaments? :amazed:

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
I wonder if Bob was involved with bringing the Canada-Russian Super series to Rogers Place

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
And McDavid will still be on the U23....haha

This year was announced as a test when it comes to team U23 and team Europe. I know everyone is rooting for the kids but honestly I don't, for the simple reason that I don't like the concept. If they go nowhere the team will be scrapped and (hopefully) they can go back to 'normal' teams.

Last edited:

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
Gee, it's almost like McLellan isn't actually an idiot and was instead testing out different things in his practice games. :sarcasm:

Love the line combinations.

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
Gee, it's almost like McLellan isn't actually an idiot and was instead testing out different things in his practice games. :sarcasm:

Love the line combinations.

Ikr? Reading all the outrage at line combos on the mains was vexing. That's what exhibition games are for, you mooks.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Seguin fractured his heel in one of the games.

I'm going to be holding my breath each and every game that Sekera, McDavid and others play now.

Reactions: Paddy Padlock

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Seguin fractured his heel in one of the games.

I'm going to be holding my breath each and every game that Sekera, McDavid and others play now.

Did they ever show the play where the injury occurred? If its on the same foot as his partial severed achilles tendon I wouldn't be surprised if it was related to that with him not having full strength and range of motion back in his ankle.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Guess I spoke too soon saying Team Europe was a failed experiment, just because they were getting burned by NA's speed. They seem to match up much better against normal opponents that aren't just filled with piles of young speed and skill.

Last edited:

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Typically the higher the expectations for American hockey in a tournament, the harder they fall...

Dimensha

Jul 14, 2010
Anyone else notice the CGI ads being projected on the boards? I've never noticed that before, have they done these in regular season games before?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad