Womens Team Canada vs OHL cup champion (minor midget)

Bear of Bad News

Your Third or Fourth Favorite HFBoards Admin
Sep 27, 2005
Please give an impetus for this (other than "the sexual assault thread seems to have settled down and the mods must need something to do") and perhaps some discussion starters.

I'm not saying that you're looking to stir things up specifically. What I'm saying is that this topic USUALLY stirs things up.

Tutu to

Jan 19, 2013
Toronto
Please give an impetus for this (other than "the sexual assault thread seems to have settled down and the mods must need something to do") and perhaps some discussion starters.

I'm not saying that you're looking to stir things up specifically. What I'm saying is that this topic USUALLY stirs things up.
Is it not a legitimate question?

Tutu to

Jan 19, 2013
Toronto
Id favor the minor midget team personally.

I think a good Bantam team would likely give a PWHL team a run for their lack of money.

BerthMania

Jun 3, 2022
Montréal
Id favor the minor midget team personally.

I think a good Bantam team would likely give a PWHL team a run for their lack of money.
Not surprised the person starting the thread had this opinion haha

Personally I also think the CHL team would win because of physical dominance, but it's a stupid question, what do you try to prove with that?

cg98

Oct 10, 2017
The womens team usually played in Alberta U18AAA for the first quarter of the season to prep for the Olympics and would end up around the middle of the standings leading up to that point. No idea how'd they do in Prep leagues like CSSHL or in Massachussets, or GTHL AAA but most likely theyd be a .500 or below team. The best teams in the top half of the circuit would beat them.

It is a fairly strange thread for you to come in here and make tho. What exactly is the merit of you "proving" that 'boys > girls' like the thousands of misogynistic athletic comparisons between the two sexes already out there? Everyone here understands basic biology dude.

Last edited:

Mathieukferland

Oct 11, 2020
Sloane Square, Chelsea, England
In the preparation for most Olympics I know Canada women play some Alberta AAA teams, the results have kind of gone back and forth. So it depends on the day but either team could win. If a team wins the Telus cup though I imagine they probably beat Canada most of the time

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Curious if the next post is about WNBA players or retired tennis players playing ladies?

Tutu to

Jan 19, 2013
Toronto
The womens team usually played in Alberta U18AAA for the first quarter of the season to prep for the Olympics and would end up around the middle of the standings leading up to that point. No idea how'd they do in Prep leagues like CSSHL or in Massachussets, or GTHL AAA but most likely theyd be a .500 or below team. The best teams in the top half of the circuit would beat them.

It is a fairly strange thread for you to come in here and make tho. What exactly is the merit of you "proving" that 'boys > girls' like the thousands of misogynistic athletic comparisons between the two sexes already out there? Everyone here understands basic biology dude.
ummm interesting…i m
Not surprised the person starting the thread had this opinion haha

Personally I also think the CHL team would win because of physical dominance, but it's a stupid question, what do you try to prove with that?
I don’t think its a crazy opinion though. Im sure they are much closer to an elite major bantam team then they would be to a CHL team.

Stealth1616

Oct 12, 2019
Fellas, women's hockey should stand on its own merits. This constant comparison to men's hockey is ridiculous.

Also, the answer is duck-shaped horse.
This kind of goes both ways. Lots of people come in and say how a female could play in the NHL/AHL even Major junior.

People are obviously going to provide context how that is factually incorrect, but are then labelled misogynistic

Moon Man

Oct 3, 2015
If I was a woman I would find that a bit offensive tbh, was it really necessary?
I read it as a sarcastic joke. A mockery of the thread topic, not women. A satire comment.

As a serious response to this thread, I would be uncomfortable as a man, body checking a woman and potentially damaging her. I don't agree with these scenarios, of women vs men in contact sports.

Both can be celebrated on their own. And both should definitely be encouraged to play, as a great excersise and social team sport, but not mixed.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $365.00