GDT: Women's | Semifinals | USA vs Finland | 11:10 PM

wahsnairb

Jun 9, 2010
Really could be more than 2-0. Hoping the next two periods are more back and forth than this one. Flat period for Finland; they look worse than they are.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Really could be more than 2-0. Hoping the next two periods are more back and forth than this one. Flat period for Finland; they look worse than they are.

This is probably where its a disadvantage for the Fins that the US saw them already. The US men probably suffer the same fate tomorrow night. An upset may have been more likely in both cases if a group round meetup did not happen

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
This is probably where its a disadvantage for the Fins that the US saw them already. The US men probably suffer the same fate tomorrow night. An upset may have been more likely in both cases if a group round meetup did not happen

Winning over Slovakia? The US men won 2-1 IIRC.

offkilter

Jan 18, 2014
Those NBC announcers should be ashamed of themselves for saying Duggan shouldn't be punished for that hit. It was dirty as hell.

Reactions: Lady Macbeth

cactusjack

Apr 3, 2015
so this is a semi-final , 4-0 after 34 min and the shots are 28-5. They should just make a best ot of 5 final between usa-canada. Let's have a round robin for the bronze...

wahsnairb

Jun 9, 2010
Hopefully USA don’t throw the game like they did in the gold 4 years ago. They were clearly the best team in all their games this tournament.. even against Canada.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
delayed penalty, finland iced the puck.... zzzzzzzzz

I can now understand coach Mustonen's comments of the skill level of Finnish female hockey players. We can't seem to be able find 20 players with equally high/moderate hockey IQ. I know she's a phenom but I wish we had more players like Välilä.

wahsnairb

Jun 9, 2010
I can now understand coach Mustonen's comments of the skill level of Finnish female hockey players. We can't seem to be able find 20 players with equally high/moderate hockey IQ. I know she's a phenom but I wish we had more players like Välilä.

Tapani has looked like your best player. I think half the team is just too slow and sometimes when you’re playing much slower it doesn’t matter how hockey smart you are.

Ajaton Azer

A small hamster
Dec 5, 2005
Spandex
I don't think this has been best of the games for our Finnish female lady Lions. Many defensive errors and not much offensive eruption. First game against USA was very nicely promising, but this is not much providing. Maybe being third best team in tournament is expected ending result.

Kratti

Sponsor
Mar 16, 2006
so this is a semi-final , 4-0 after 34 min and the shots are 28-5. They should just make a best ot of 5 final between usa-canada. Let's have a round robin for the bronze...
Pretty much. I said as much before the olympics, was pleasantly, albeit briefly, surprised with the USA-FIN round robin game but it's been straight up butchery ever since by CAN & USA, like every olympics so far. The gap in player quality is just immense.

nickp91

Jun 29, 2011
Congratulations USA Hockey's Women on advancing to the Olympic Gold Medal Game!

Kyndig

Jan 3, 2012
One of the worst officiated games for either side. Missed high stick that caught Coyne. No knee on knee penalty on Duggan, don't think its suspension worthy as much as Canada/Russia would like that. Thought the boarding/checking penalty that turned into a 5 on 3 for USA wasn't a penalty at all, she skated into her and didn't throw any of her upper body into her at all. Thought Knight's penalty was a phantom call.

Oh well congrats to team USA making it to another gold medal game, don't choke this time! USA choking has been the theme of this Olympics and their last gold medal game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad