Confirmed with Link: Wolfpack sign Charlie Dodero to AHL contract

Punxrocknyc19*

out of the new UFA signings like Kantor, Dodero, Hughes, Allen, Nicholls etc, which ones has the best chance to be the Ortmeyer/Girardi type to be the gem that makes the NHL??? im gonna guess Kantor for the forwards and on defense Charlie Dodero

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
out of the new UFA signings like Kantor, Dodero, Hughes, Allen, Nicholls etc, which ones has the best chance to be the Ortmeyer/Girardi type to be the gem that makes the NHL??? im gonna guess Kantor for the forwards and on defense Charlie Dodero

I never imagined that I'd see the words Ortmeyer and gem in the same sentence!

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013

Forward I'm going with Nicholls and defense I'm going with Allen or Dodero. Can't choose between the two.

I pick Nicholls because he was a very solid offensive and defensive contributor for Saskatoon. Very good well rounded game and I heard he's got some leadership in him as well. Also, we were able to sign him because he declined a contract from Toronto (who drafted him) IIRC, so it's not like this guy is an unknown that we just snagged.

I pick Allen or Dodero because they're both very well rounded as well, I couldn't choose between the two however. Dodero is a great skater with lots of toughness and some offense, but Allen has quite a bit more offensive upside minus the fights and toughness. Both have important abilities, so it could really be either.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL

I think Allen is being underrated around here. Keeps the game simple, good 2-way guy with decent size. Has played against stronger (physically) competition in college already.

Hughes is another of similar ilk to Hughes above but is a bit further away.

Dodero seems like another player who plays a more simple game.

Out of the forwards, I would lean towards Kantor for the simple fact that he skates well and does the little things that could open up an opportunity as a 4th liner. I don't foresee him having any higher ceiling though. Nicholls has the higher ceiling for sure.

Punxrocknyc19*

I never imagined that I'd see the words Ortmeyer and gem in the same sentence!

he was undrafted out of college and made the NHL.... he did better than most college UFA by making the NHL.. at least he wasnt Tommy Grant who sucks.

Miz

Jun 2, 2011
Beukeboom was the assistant on Sudbury while Dodero was on the team. Maybe he vouched for the kid and got him an NHL contract

Punxrocknyc19*

Beukeboom was the assistant on Sudbury while Dodero was on the team. Maybe he vouched for the kid and got him an NHL contract

is this a sign that Brock Beuekboom now wont be signed? or does anyone think that he might still be signed??

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
is this a sign that Brock Beuekboom now wont be signed? or does anyone think that he might still be signed??

Pretty sure he's going to college, but to what was asked earlier I think fro the forwards Nicholls would be the call and Allen would be the defenseman. Allen is making good money in his entry level. NYR must see something in him to pay him that.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Haven't heard anything from the Rangers yet. Now I'm wondering if it wasn't an AHL deal. The only place to report it was some Sudbury newspaper that made errors on Dodero's age and Marc Staal's draft year.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Haven't heard anything from the Rangers yet. Now I'm wondering if it wasn't an AHL deal. The only place to report it was some Sudbury newspaper that made errors on Dodero's age and Marc Staal's draft year.

The Sudbury Wolves themselves put out a press release on the signing. I feel like either they or the Rangers would correct it if it wasn't accurate. Though it is a little unusual to have not heard from the Rangers yet.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad