WJC Tournament Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macman

May 15, 2004
I can't believe Weber wasn't named. He and Phaneuf were easily the two best defencemen in this tournament. Canada only gave up seven goals the entire tournament and not a single even-strength goal since the first game. It's a joke that anyone else was even considered.

Fedz

Sponsor
Jul 18, 2003
Behind the Bench
Macman said:
I can't believe Weber wasn't named. He and Phaneuf were easily the two best defencemen in this tournament. Canada only gave up seven goals the entire tournament and not a single even-strength goal since the first game. It's a joke that anyone else was even considered.
I can't believe of all the defenseman possible that Suter was named. He was very average at best, if not average worse off. I'd take Meszaros, Vorobiev, Bolf, and Weber before him.

ZombieMatt

May 20, 2002
I don't think Suter was average, I'd say he was certainly pretty good, but he appeared much better than he was because the rest of the US bluelien sucked so much.

That said, it should have went to either Shea Weber or Vorobiev, I think.

Macman

May 15, 2004
As great as Bergeron was, Phaneuf was the real MVP for me. He was absolutely incredible.

Captain Conservative

Apr 1, 2004
My Blue Heaven
Matt MacInnis said:
I don't think Suter was average, I'd say he was certainly pretty good, but he appeared much better than he was because the rest of the US bluelien sucked so much.

That said, it should have went to either Shea Weber or Vorobiev, I think.

It kills me to say it, but Suter was pretty inconsistent. He'd make a brilliant play in the offensive zone, then make a terrible play defending. Of course, he is only 19 years old, plenty of time to get better.

LadyJet26

LETS GO BLUE!!!!!
Sep 6, 2004
Winnipeg, MB
Macman said:
As great as Bergeron was, Phaneuf was the real MVP for me. He was absolutely incredible.

I agree. Phaneuf was awesome and never let up. I will watch Flames games just to see him play in the NHL :help:

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Jeff Carter got props over Sidney Crosby.

Look out NHL.

Macman

May 15, 2004
go kim johnsson said:
Jeff Carter got props over Sidney Crosby.

Look out NHL.

Carter makes me drool he's so good. He's got it all and will be a dominant player in the NHL for a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad