GDT: WJC: Slovakia Vs Russia | 29th December @ 2:30PM MT

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
SLO-V-RUS.jpg

*NZDT- this is what the future looks like.

full

Slovakia
Confirmed Tournament Roster

SVK.jpg

full

Russia
Confirmed Tournament Roster

RUS.jpg

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
Slovaks are the best 0 and 2 team in WJ history. Hope the Swiss forfeiture doesn't affect them as I think they are a medal contender. Game should be outstanding!

tmlmatus

Dec 29, 2013
Toronto
Slovaks are the best 0 and 2 team in WJ history. Hope the Swiss forfeiture doesn't affect them as I think they are a medal contender. Game should be outstanding!
knowing our luck, I wouldn't be surprised at all if it did affect us somehow.

assuming that Slovakia looses to the Russians, and then beat the Swiss; I'm assuming Slovakia advances since they beat the team that has the same amount of points?

Reactions: Czechboy

DamonDRW

Dec 23, 2007
Tampere, Finland
Why are people here so sure about Slovaks? Do they have a good team this time? I know we (Russia) suck this year but one may count on Michkov to score at least once.

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
Why are people here so sure about Slovaks? Do they have a good team this time? I know we (Russia) suck this year but one may count on Michkov to score at least once.
We have a better team than we have in previous years that’s for sure. But everyone here is way too overconfident in Slovakia. We have never played well against Russia at the WJC, and Slovaks are due for one bad game in the preliminary round. My guess is this is that game.

5-2 for Russia

Reactions: hn777

Statsy

Dec 21, 2009
Vancouver
I know Slovakia has looked quite dangerous at times... but they aren’t winning games. I think Russia takes this one. It’s next year where Slovakia really takes that big step into being a contender.

Reactions: Czechboy and hn777

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
I know Slovakia has looked quite dangerous at times... but they aren’t winning games. I think Russia takes this one. It’s next year where Slovakia really takes that big step into being a contender.
You don’t think we will beat Switzerland?
And next year may not be as good as you think. Nemec, Slafkovsky and Mesar could all be in the AHL and pull a Peterka and Reichel

Statsy

Dec 21, 2009
Vancouver
You don’t think we will beat Switzerland?
And next year may not be as good as you think. Nemec, Slafkovsky and Mesar could all be in the AHL and pull a Peterka and Reichel
I do. I just mean against the big teams they are just missing that extra intangible that gets teams across the line. The Swiss shouldn’t be a problem.

You may be right about the guys not coming back next year, but I hope not. It’s quite possible that the German players who skipped this tourney looked at the roster that was already without a couple of key guys (Stuetzle, Seider) and decided this roster was in for a tough go. You always have to factor in what the individual experience is like for the players. Hopefully, the Slovaks all see the promise of next year and are excited to have a shot at it together.

Reactions: Czechboy

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Thats a game that could give Russians ton of trouble if Slovakia comes to play at their best, they have ton of firepower up front and Russians D core + goaltending is nothing close to what the USA and SWE have to offer.

Reactions: hellwar9

Ivo

Dec 29, 2008
Rotterdam, NL
Finally a good time (22:30 CET) for a hockey game. Not sure who will win which itself is a great feeling, after the years of guaranteed losses. Let´s go Slovakia !
Isn’t MT +8? And the game at 0:30 CET? Basically almost a typical east coast game.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Nobody is "sure" about the Slovaks. We just think that they have a better chance than usual against Russia. They truly looked to be the better team than SWE, but ran into really solid goaltending.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad