GDT: WJC: Slovakia – Latvia

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
I expect a bleak defensive affair as that's the regular game plan for Latvia and OT works perfectly well for the Slovaks so they have 0 reasons to force things.

Pieck

Dec 13, 2017
BC
Too bad that one of these teams won’t make it. With all the early upsets it was looking like Finland or USA might have had to fight for their spot in the quarterfinal. Nothing against them but it’s just more fun when underdogs succeed

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
we need 3 points if we want to win the group. and this isn't soccer, playing for ties is not a good idea anyway
It's not playing for a tie. It's understanding that in a 60-minute game you are going to have your chances, especially as a better team.

You have 2 shots in almost 10 minutes now so I think my assumption was fairly close to the truth.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
You sit around, don't do much of anything, get PP and score. Slovakia is playing like Lidl Finland while Latvia is wannabe Lidl Finland.

One thing I hope for now is that Latvia scores at least a few goals to feel good about their offense before the Austria games.

jcbio11

Aug 17, 2008
Bratislava
Ciernik with a PP goal. Good stuff.

Latvia is going to have open the game up now as they need a regulation win in order to stay in the tourney.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
This should be one of the best games of the preliminary round.
I thought it was later.. missed the first. f***!

There are a few round robin stories left that intrigue me:

1. Can Czechs finaly beat Germany
2. Does Canada demolish Sweden
3. Does Sweden keep up their round robin dominance? (imagine the goalie controversy if Canada loses???)
4. Can Slovakia beat Latvia and eliminate them despite missing some key guys?
5. Can Slovakia beat the Swiss and finish 1st or 2nd?

So I'm actually following Slovakia more than the Czechs right now.

Can't believe I missed the first! grrr.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad