PGT: WJC Quarter Finals: Game 22 | Switzerland Eliminate Sweden 2-0

Scouter

Oct 21, 2007
Fine, if you want to think Sweden is ok just cause they won those games, but remember they had the weaker group, Finland aren't supposed to be that good, the US almost came back and won, so yeah, there is major cause for concern for Sweden, also they almost always lose in the knockout stage, so really you should not have so much confidence in them.

helax

General Hockey Fan
Apr 2, 2013
Fine, if you want to think Sweden is ok just cause they won those games, but remember they had the weaker group, Finland aren't supposed to be that good, the US almost came back and won, so yeah, there is major cause for concern for Sweden, also they almost always lose in the knockout stage, so really you should not have so much confidence in them.

Well, USA was ranked as a top 3 team by a multitude of "experts" beforehand, and Finland was seen as gods among men if you look back in the Finnish roster thread.
Sweden has been a solid and played as a tight well coherent team thus far. With some minor slips when closing the games.

I'm terrified for tonight, Swiss plays a hard and well-organized game.

Reactions: Fragmuffin

Garl

Oct 7, 2006

? Russia and Czechia are better than USA and Finland? News to me

Reactions: Fragmuffin

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
So what team is good? None?

I mean, Canada only beat the Danes & Czechs! And Russia just all those three!

Slimmy

Jan 3, 2009
GBG
Anything can happen in the knockout games. But I have a good feeling. This team got their valuable lesson against team USA and no way we are going to see another lackluster performance like we saw against the Kazakhs. This team is gonna show up today and they are gonna play hard. They also seem to be having a good time, having fun together. That's also important. Like I said, have a good feeling about this team.

IceHockeyDude

May 15, 2011
Suomi
Sweden is the favorite here. I think they will score one way or another (with skates or arses) if not by sticks :laugh:

Lampedampe

Feb 26, 2015
Should be a fun game, both teams will work hard.

The thing i like about this years Sweden is that they just seem to battle harder, a lot of players on the team are quite hard nosed and forecheck really well. Previous year's there's been more emphasis on skill and more reliant on a few key players, this year they're working more as a unit.

Passionis

Dec 10, 2015
If the Swiss can manage to keep it together the entire game I see this as an upset-
2:1 Switzerland.

ciderfylla

Dec 28, 2015
Half the posts in here is scouter bashing sweden

If anything, bashing Sweden because they "barely won" against the US and Finland must surely mean that Scouter expects dominating wonders from this thought-to-be unparallelled Swedish side.

aphyro

För evigt trogen AIK
May 16, 2013
Sundsvall
Well It's time to BLANDA UPP! guys

Attachments

• Börk.png
    Börk.png
    295.1 KB · Views: 12

aphyro

För evigt trogen AIK
May 16, 2013
Sundsvall
Is it tv4 thats going to send the game tonight... and not SVT lel bullshittttttttttttttt... im not going to get an account on their site for just 1 game.

kudla

May 11, 2016
Bratislava, Slovakia
WTF

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad