WJC Player Pool

Status
Not open for further replies.

Katicus

Jun 22, 2006
Happy Holidays!!

I'll be eating turkey for the next few days...

Will check back when I can (I'm not up for a little bit yet)

Enjoy the season!

Hope Santa's good to you all.

K8:)

Cerebral

Aug 4, 2003
Calgary, Alberta
Here is the order to finish it off guys:

Kowalchuk
Katicus
Katicus
Kowalchuk
flamesfan01800
Eb0la
yellefpres
Sabes
Cerebral
HankyFourFingers

Just make you're you're checking through the last two pages to see who has already been selected. We should be able to get this finished off by tonight... :)

Eb0la11

Aug 28, 2004
Calgary
Im the only one without a goalie left so if no one objects Ill just make my pick now.

Goalie Leland Irving from Canada

Heres hoping Price stumbles!

Cerebral

Aug 4, 2003
Calgary, Alberta
The final picks:

yellefpres
Sabes
Cerebral
HankyFourFingers

We really need to try and get these picks finished off before the tournament starts or things will be a little wacky. Try and get the last few in tonight or early tomorrow or we might as well just screw the order and let everyone pick their last player when they get the chance.

Last edited:

HFNHL Canadiens

Aug 12, 2004
Guelph
Cerebal gave me the green light to make my pick, so for my final selection I will select the captain of team Russia, Viacheslav Buravchikov

Katicus

Jun 22, 2006
with my last two picks...

I'll take

F - Bumagin - RUS
D - Voynov - RUS

Woohoo!

This is going to be fun!

sandbox

Nov 6, 2005
Hopeful steal of the draft D Juraj Valach (SLO). Playing very well for the Tri Cities of the WHL. He's their top Defensemen.

hockeyfan125

Jul 10, 2004
Yep, I'm really curious to see how some of the Russians play as they haven't gotten a lot of press from the Canadian media.

I'd say they haven't gotten any press. I have found it hard to find any info this year, with no big star presence in the line-up.

Cerebral

Aug 4, 2003
Calgary, Alberta
Hopeful steal of the draft D Juraj Valach (SLO). Playing very well for the Tri Cities of the WHL. He's their top Defensemen.
Ugh, it was looking like at least one of Valach or Buravchikov would last until my pick. :(

I'd say they haven't gotten any press. I have found it hard to find any info this year, with no big star presence in the line-up.
Heck, it's been hard enough just to find out who made the final roster! It will be interesting to see how they perform, Cherepanov is a guy I will have my eyes on. He's putting up great stats this year in the Russian Elite League, I'm curious to see if he can carry that forward into the tournament.

Slitty

Oct 23, 2005
D - Voynov - RUS

Pssst... you may know something I don't, but really, do you think that picking a 16-year-old defensive blueliner who doesn't really stand out too much on Russia-90 a good idea? You're a braver man that I could ever hope to be. :amazed:

Cerebral

Aug 4, 2003
Calgary, Alberta
I'll take Swedish defenceman Niklas Hjalmarsson with my last pick. I was really banking on getting one of Buravchikov or Valach, hopefully Hjalmarsson puts up some points playing with Backstrom and company.

sandbox

Nov 6, 2005
I'll take Swedish defenceman Niklas Hjalmarsson with my last pick. I was really banking on getting one of Buravchikov or Valach, hopefully Hjalmarsson puts up some points playing with Backstrom and company.

I don't mind this pick either. I definately think he was one of the top 5 left.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad