WJC Drinking Game (ESPN Veiwers Only)

Status
Not open for further replies.

crossxcheck

Nov 17, 2003
Nashvegas
Gurj said:
Hey guys - seeing that this is the first year they are actually even CARRYING the event, I'd be happy that I get to see it..... (just a little perspective) :)

you do have a point. although had there been an nhl season, we'd not be getting it.

Sotnos

Jul 8, 2002
Not here
www.boltprospects.com
Gurj said:
Hey guys - seeing that this is the first year they are actually even CARRYING the event, I'd be happy that I get to see it..... (just a little perspective) :)
Amen. This is more than has EVER been shown of this tourney, and probably more than they'll ever show again. It would be better with less repetitive announcers and fewer awful ads with talking fish nailed to plaques, but at least it's hockey and it's on TV.

pucks1

Apr 23, 2004
Im just so sick of hearing the game while watching a sign saying "usa" for about 15 seconds before the action starts. And i feel like i have no clue who is out their on the ice unless to strain to see a name or #. Then then ill watch a play and think somthing total dif. then what the anouncers say. And those F ing fish! :madfire:

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
Thewselius said:
Just be happy that there won't be any USA hockey on ESPN2 tonight thanks to college basketball.

Yes, but it is Gonzaga and Missouri. Gonzaga and Missouri, Just think about that great rivalry...

:banghead: :dunce:

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
One thing I noticed is that neither of them can seem to tell the difference between #10 Goligoski and #18 Hagemo. The announcers don't bother me as much as the guys in the truck, though. We get a close up of a goalie's mask instead of a face off. We get a little kid in the crowd instead of a shot. We get a close up of Chris Bourque on the bench instead of a scuffle. What is going on in that truck? Anyways, like someone said earlier, I'm just happy to have hockey on television.

Riggs

Apr 6, 2004
Pittsburgh
chicpea said:
What's this fish everyone keeps talking about? Like a mascot or something? :dunno:

No, it's these two plastic fish in a commercial for an ESPN Fishing show. They are mounted on the wall and they have these conversations about fishing. They show them about every five min.

nckd

Jun 16, 2004
NY
shakes said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by nckd
When "someone" from the other team makes a play, because they can't seem to remember/attempt to pronounce the names of non-drafted players from opposing teams.

They don't actually do that do they?

Sometimes they do. Not always, but the play-by-play guy does not seem to be good with names. And Brickley seems to correct him on details a lot.

No question, I'm happy to at least get to see the games. But I don't think ESPN is putting a lot of effort into this coverage.

hockeyfan125

Jul 10, 2004
We have something like this for Canuck games.

Whenever
- Bertuzzi goes offside.
- One of the Sedins gets knocked down.
- John Garrett says something stupid.

It is a quick game, I must say. :)

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
Riggs said:
No, it's these two plastic fish in a commercial for an ESPN Fishing show. They are mounted on the wall and they have these conversations about fishing. They show them about every five min.

:lol It's true...

Superfluous U

Jan 15, 2004
At a Stone Prison on a Hill
We can play with Maguire too, although its not as ridiculous.

Take a drink when he
- talks about stick infractions on the puck carrier
- talks about taking out the red line
- says "monster"

Finish your drink if he brings up Parise for no apparent reason.

Its not quite as ridiculous, but you still get pretty drunk.

Faaxinho

Dec 2, 2003
Tampere, Finland
Well, you should hear the commentator in Finnish broadcasts. He was asking "what just happened there" all the time from the other commentator (Ville Nieminen). He also kept saying the same words and phrases time after time.
Both were boring which I wouldn't have expected from Nieminen.

Lard_Lad

May 12, 2003
Kelowna
Visit site
Riggs said:

We'll trade you that for the "my name is Mika" cell phone commercials on every other commercial break on TSN. Who the hell is that supposed to be targeted at, the big junior hockey fan/women's fashion crossover audience?

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
RamblersHockey said:
While watching the ESPN broadcast, some things kept coming up that made me want to throw things at the TV, so I decided to make a drinking game out of it.

Here are the rules, you must take a drink when someone:

- says Chris Bourque is Ray Bourque's son
- shows Ray Bourque
- mentions that the clock counts up
- mispronounces a players name (USA only)

You must finish your beer if ESPN shows a player going to the bench when a goal is being scored.

Anyone else have some ideas?

Hahha this is the best thread in weeks. I was watching the game with my friend the other night and I pointed these exact things out to him...it was like EVERY 5 minutes they would remind us the clock counts UP...thanks..we can ALL SEE FOR OURSELVES! They must have shown Ray Bourque 15 times in the past 3 games sitting there with his wife. Again....great great thread. :handclap:

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Lard_Lad said:
We'll trade you that for the "my name is Mika" cell phone commercials on every other commercial break on TSN. Who the hell is that supposed to be targeted at, the big junior hockey fan/women's fashion crossover audience?

"My name is Mika... and you will NEVER confuse me for someone else!"

Damn right we won't cause you're hocking a damn cellphone every 3 minutes on TSN!!!

:banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad