Prospect Info: WJC 2021 part 4: Gold Medal Game

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Really impressed by Boldy tonight. He's much more physical and looks great along the boards.

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
So far this tournament there's Knight who reminds me of Price (even bounced back with a shutout after a bad game , classic Pricer).
Then there's Askarov who's the anti-ChristPrice with the awful stick control and rebounds galore.

:laugh::laugh:

Eegs

Jan 9, 2018
BC
McMichael has been disappointing to me.

Newhook is also obviously hurting. I think he missed about 10 mins of the 1st that tsn did not notice.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Guhle is the best Canadian D we've had at the WJC in a long time. He's been better than either Juulsen or Brook were and neither were bad especially Juulsen. He's a solid prospect.

Good skater with a long reach. Can close on people quickly & physically. It'll be interesting to watch his offense develop ... or not.

He could easily make the jump at 20 like Romanov.

canucklover123

Oct 22, 2013
Leaman is a wonderful coach. Makes PC one of the best teams in the country and never gets the top end guys that go out to Boston College or Boston University. Definitely out matched in talent but it looks like they bought in.

Also helps knowing they have arguably the best goalie prospect in the country right now.

On the other end, only guy who looks like he's going for Canada other than Levi is Mercer.

Reactions: Eegs

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Guhle is the best D we've had at the WJC in a long time. He's been better than either Juulsen or Brook were and neither were bad especially Juulsen. He's a solid prospect.

Good skater with a long reach. Can close on people quickly & physically. It'll be interesting to watch his offense develop ... or not.

Best Canadian D I would imagine? Because he’s nowhere close to Romanov at the WJC.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Yeah...I said 7-0...in the spirit of we HAD to crush them. Not because I really envision us winning 7-0.....lol

But seriously, nobody expected Canada to look so bad as they did and the US to FINALLY play their best team game of the whole tournament. Zegras was right. True leader.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Best Canadian D I would imagine? Because he’s nowhere close to Romanov at the WJC.

Yeah, Canadian D. We don't get too many of those. Juulsen, Brook, Subban, Beaulieu, Brisebois ... Brisebois was the best by far. But, Guhle has already out-performed everyone but Brisebois & Subban.

canucklover123

Oct 22, 2013
Guhle is the best D we've had at the WJC in a long time. He's been better than either Juulsen or Brook were and neither were bad especially Juulsen. He's a solid prospect.

I saw tony call him out but I think he's been the best D on Canada today. First goal he lost positioning but other than that, the closes gaps so quickly.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Leaman is a wonderful coach. Makes PC one of the best teams in the country and never gets the top end guys that go out to Boston College or Boston University. Definitely out matched in talent but it looks like they bought in.

Also helps knowing they have arguably the best goalie prospect in the country right now.

On the other end, only guy who looks like he's going for Canada other than Levi is Mercer.

Leaman was awful......up until this last game. There are no explanation into keeping Caufield away from a player that would have made them get more points offensively. Still makes NO sense to have the setup of PP with Caufield at a stupid position.

Jean Perron won a Cup in 1986. NOBODY thinks he's a great coach because he did. Kudos to Leaman and Co if they win. But nobody will make me believe he's a great coach.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Guhle is the best Canadian D we've had at the WJC in a long time. He's been better than either Juulsen or Brook were and neither were bad especially Juulsen. He's a solid prospect.

He's even had better age 18 than Subban, granted Subban got gold... Still time.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal

Mete wasn't bad?

canucklover123

Oct 22, 2013
Leaman was awful......up until this last game. There are no explanation into keeping Caufield away from a player that would have made them get more points offensively. Still makes NO sense to have the setup of PP with Caufield at a stupid position.

Jean Perron won a Cup in 1986. NOBODY thinks he's a great coach because he did. Kudos to Leaman and Co if they win. But nobody will make me believe he's a great coach.

That's fair, I do not see why he would change or tweak the lines when the line in question has a player producing at the top of the tourney nor do I think Cole deserves it the way he has played.

Seems like all the guys we've been calling out stepped up for the U.S ( Boldy, Kaliev).

The only guy that has moved in the lineup was Berniers and he has been lights out this tourney as a 17 YO.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad