Prospect Info: Wjc 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
wtf Big Mac? You get a chance like that, you make it count.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
13th overall: Ryan Pulock
22nd overall: Emile Poirier
28: Morgan Klimchuk
29: Jason Dickinson
30: Ryan Hartman

5: Michael Dal Colle
7: Haydn Fleury
12: Brendan Perlini

etc. etc.

A lot of good players get cut.. don't make the teams. the WJC doesn't mean anything or Justin Pogge, Louis Leblanc and Chris DiDomenico would be stars.

JAVO16

Sep 21, 2008
Montréal
****ing ****. I'm really disappointed about Mac getting cut.

Edit: In big part because I bought 2 tickets for Team USA games hoping to see McCarron in action. Guess Eichel, Matthews, Hanifin, etc will have to do :sarcasm:

Last edited:

Dwight

The French Tickler
Jul 8, 2006
West Island
13th overall: Ryan Pulock
22nd overall: Emile Poirier
28: Morgan Klimchuk
29: Jason Dickinson
30: Ryan Hartman

5: Michael Dal Colle
7: Haydn Fleury
12: Brendan Perlini

etc. etc.

A lot of good players get cut.. don't make the teams. the WJC doesn't mean anything or Justin Pogge, Louis Leblanc and Chris DiDomenico would be stars.

Dan Bertram, Ryan O'Marra, Dustin Boyd, etc.

kernkraft

Jul 8, 2006
Kanata
Plenty of excellent future NHLers didn't make their respective WJ squad and the opposite is also true.

Erne and McCarron, both CHLers, get dropped, hmmm.

Stjonnypopo

Rgesitreed Uesr
Jan 26, 2009
Mount Doom
Plenty of excellent future NHLers didn't make their respective WJ squad and the opposite is also true.

Erne and McCarron, both CHLers, get dropped, hmmm.

I guarantee that the US National development organization puts a lot of pressure on the management for international tournaments to promote their local development. It's like Russia and their players that go overseas to develop and play.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Let's put this in a tournament way of seeing things. He was cut before the summer camp ended. The only reason why he was brought back it's because he was just incredible. Yet.....was used on an offensive role at C....There was no point in having back in that tournament if you take a guy who is succesful at C in an offensive role, to put him on the 4th on the wings in a banging role.

He had to do more. He didn't. And the US will/should have guys that will be better than him to do the job in Hayden and maybe even Fasching. As I said before, I'm not saying he was THAT much more noticeable, but I prefered Wood game yesterday's than Mac even if Mac looked better as the game progressed. But he was starting with 2 strikes....

Note: It means NOTHING as far as his value as a prospect or his future as a NHL'er. And EVERYTIME people will want to believe that it does, I will bring the name Ryan McDonagh....EVERY SINGLE TIME.
Will you underline it every single time too? :laugh:

Shutdown

Sep 7, 2009
Montreal
He catches like Steve Penny..... not very well.

Fucale's got AHL written all over him. A waste of a high draft choice in a very deep draft.

Was highly regarded as the top goalie in the draft and probable first round pick. Talk about revisionist history.

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
WJC has absolutely nothing to do with a player's NHL potential. In fact, I would argue it can sometimes be a mirage for those that DO make it, sucking people into believing these kids are all 100% confirmed studs or, if they play especially bad, absolutely duds.

Carey Chant

Jul 13, 2007
Toronto
I'm not the biggest Fucale fan but he just got traded and looked pretty nervous. Not to mention he wasn't seeing as much action on the other end (Canada outshot Rus by large margin). He's the type of goalie that needs to see some shots, not sit there for 5 min and have a breakaway come his way.

As for McCarron, he was setup to fail from the start. 4th line with crappy linemates. Give the kid some PP time, who wouldn't want a 6 6" dude screening a short russian goalie. The coaches pretty much knew who they wanted so when you see McCarron penciled in on a 5th line with the lower level players, you know he would have to stand on his head to get a chance to play.

They might not be allstars but I'd bet both these guys make the NHL someday.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
As for McCarron, he was setup to fail from the start. 4th line with crappy linemates. Give the kid some PP time, who wouldn't want a 6 6" dude screening a short russian goalie. The coaches pretty much knew who they wanted so when you see McCarron penciled in on a 5th line with the lower level players, you know he would have to stand on his head to get a chance to play.

They might not be allstars but I'd bet both these guys make the NHL someday.

McCarron did get a few seconds at the tail end of the PP. He was easily the most physical player on the ice and they were playing the #1 rated team in the NCAA (although that team was playing without their best player since he was playing for Team USA) I'm not worried about McCarron in the least bit as I think he will be a very solid addition to the Habs since we sorely need someone like him. Fucale I like but with Price here I don't know what the future holds for him with the Habs at least.

deandebean

Jan 14, 2003
Gatineau
Visit site
Easy on Fucale. Lots of young goalies aren't very steady. And the Price argument doesn't stand. Sure Price is here, but in 4-5-6 years from now who knows? I remember this lanky fella that looked like shlit in 1983 with Granby. His team sucked but allowed a plenty bad goals per game. And I've seen junior goalie stars being steady as a rock and never make it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad