With the Same Core...Canucks +26 more points in Standings, +80 in goal Differential from last year-Division Champs- Who gets credit?

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
they were a 40-win, 92 point team in 2021-22....so not exactly a "terrible" team

but they fixed their horrific PK and finally had a good start to the season, not to mention good adds on the backend
(and Demko was healthy for most of the season)

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Boeser and Demko not only getting back on track, but having career years sure as hell helps.

eviohh26

Dec 19, 2017
Victoria BC Canada
We added a lot of depth pieces that rounded out our roster. Our depth has won us a good chunk of games. Plus with the team buying into Tocchets system along with our other coaching staff. Night and day difference from last year. Hughes also took a big step this year.

Yotes4Cup

Dec 1, 2017
Might have to change that username.
I will once the new name is announced! I started cheering for this team in 2021 due to their management. Big fan of Bill Armstrong. I just think Quinn is gonna get abused in the playoffs, the nucks defensive depth is weak, and that will be their downfall imo.

canuckslover10

Apr 10, 2014
I will once the new name is announced! I started cheering for this team in 2021 due to their management. Big fan of Bill Armstrong. I just think Quinn is gonna get abused in the playoffs, the nucks defensive depth is weak, and that will be their downfall imo.
Our defence is a strongpoint and Quinn did quite well in the 2020 bubble playoffs and he is infinitely better now, so idk what you are on about.

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
The upswing from players like Demko and Boeser is huge compared to last season.

Blueline got upgraded multiple times over with Hronek, Soucy, Cole in for Schenn, OEL, etc.

Bottom 6 got revamped with Blueger, Suter, Lafferty, etc. and seems to have found an identity.

There was smoke that the room was divided and now that Horvat is gone it seems like that issue has been settled(?)

Tocchet's system & ideology seems to fit the roster composition snugly.

They play in the same division as San Jose, Anaheim, Calgary, etc. which doesn't hurt at all.

They started the season really hot and seemed to have a lot of the unsustainable stats sustaining for the first chunk of the season which helped them out of the gate (not saying that they are bad or "fake good" or anything.)

Just off the top of my head

Reactions: bh53

Chet Manley

Apr 15, 2007
Regina, SK
Steve Yzerman trading Hronek for reasons that are over my head. He's kinda meh but good enough to solidify Vancouver's top 4d and probably good enough that the Wings could have gotten that extra point they just needed.

Reactions: lawrence

WestCoast CyberG

Nov 5, 2018
Well, that's an opinion! It is what I think. Vancouver is a pretender in my eyes.
Canucks won 50 games playing the same style all year with all stars from all positions….”pretenders”…lol. You’ve been reading too many Travis Yost articles.

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
Team is neither great or terrible but sometimes you get in a rut and it blows a season .

It happens and all you need is a fresh start

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
Having Hronek for a whole season probably helps. He kind of is an addition to the core unless you don't count him.

Mad Dog Tannen

Apr 10, 2010
Oh man - I wonder how much better the year over year improvement would have been had they not traded for Lindholm?!

WetcoastOrca

Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
They totally rebuilt their D and PK.
Added Hronek, Soucy, Cole, Zadorov on D. Only holdovers are Hughes and Myers.
Added elite PK’ers in Suter and Blueger plus the additions on D.
Got a lot of internal growth from the young core and unexpected major contributions from Hoglander and Joshua.
Of course Demko was great but they even held their own during his lengthy injury.
And the last major change was the coaching staff which had a major impact.

• Haha
Reactions: Ghetty Green

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad