Prospect Info: With the 88th Overall Pick the New York Rangers Select Joey Keane

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Always keep in mind that Keane is a “more than the numbers” type prospect.

The stat line will look good, but I wouldn’t go looking for 20 goals and 70+ points in the OHL.

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
Uhhh, not so fast. He was the first player picked in the inaugural U-18 draft. Very young still. Give him some time.
giphy.gif

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Eh, the Midget Draft is essentially a supplemental draft --- a second chance for players who were passed over.

The hope is that you can get a useful junior player out of the deal, anything beyond that is a pretty big bonus.

Sarge13

May 30, 2018
You’re the one who let the secret out.

Lol, IDK, every year I always mention a bunch of overage players that had good seasons that should be talked about, he just happened to be an easy one being right-handed d-man.

He was a good skating two-way defenseman it just seemed to be a late bloomer to me. And even though it's just a number, pretty impressive that he shot up almost 60 points in his plus-minus from the year before.

Now we gotta start talking up his younger brother Gerard...

Reactions: Joey Bones

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
Lol, IDK, every year I always mention a bunch of overage players that had good seasons that should be talked about, he just happened to be an easy one being right-handed d-man.

He was a good skating two-way defenseman it just seemed to be a late bloomer to me. And even though it's just a number, pretty impressive that he shot up almost 60 points in his plus-minus from the year before.

Now we gotta start talking up his younger brother Gerard...

And, to give you credit, you also had your eye on Stepan. Any thoughts on the upcoming draft, (other than the item you just dropped)?

Sarge13

May 30, 2018
I forgot my old PW when the site changed.....I'll go back to Bluenote13 again someday lol

Sorry for the confusion Mac !

Sarge13

May 30, 2018
And, to give you credit, you also had your eye on Stepan. Any thoughts on the upcoming draft, (other than the item you just dropped)?

It's still a bit early have a lot of catching up to do which I've just started this past week watching a lot of overseas games.

Usually the world championships gets me in the talking mood, right now I'd probably pump up a lot of North Americans because I still haven't seen a lot of the Euro players....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad