Prospect Info: With the 85th overall pick in the 2023 draft, the Ducks select Yegor Sidorov

Anarchynate

Feb 28, 2023
Orange County
Sounds like a legit sniper. Skating issues ( seem to be exaggerated) but was probably the most hyped Belarusian prospect of the last 5 years.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Overager Pastujov, ver 2.5?

Sidorov is the second high scoring overager that Verbeek's selected in the past two drafts. We drafted high scoring overager C King in the 4th rd in last year's draft.

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
I've been following Sidorov this year (stats watching). He's a boom or bust type of player, although I think a lot of sniper type players are. He has some issues in his game he needs to work on to be useful on NHL stage. I am intrigued by his potential though.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA

On Coulson Pitre (3rd Round, 65th Overall) and Yegor Sidorov (3rd Round, 85th Overall)

We had a focus on forwards, speed and goal scoring. The three forwards that we took (on day two) are able to do that. They play with intensity, they play with speed and they play with paced. They shoot the puck and go to the net. Those two guys especially do that well.

Reactions: Trojans86

GunnarStahl

Let’s go shake their hands
Oct 13, 2020
I'm a fan of this kid solely on the basis of that interview. I hope he makes it.
Same, seems like he has a very genuine gratitude for the opportunity, he must have worked his ass off to improve like he has, and is in love with hockey. I have yet to see him play but the numbers are good and the attitude is that much better.

Ducks

May 29, 2007
Tustin

There are some great goals in here, but 2:48 is especially good. The kid loves a good celly too which is pretty fun. 1:19 is sick too, he broke a defender's ankle like it was nothing.

Last edited:
Reactions: anezthes and lwvs84

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad