Prospect Info: With the 7th Overall Pick the Rangers Select Lias Andersson

jaywills1020

Mar 14, 2004
Our drafting of 1st rounders absolutely sucks. Take the guy with the highest offensive talent and fill the rest of the line up with the "intangibles" guys. My opinion is they blew it in the first round AGAIN.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
If there was ever a typical NYR pick that this god forsaken organization loves so damn much it's ****ing this one.

Good skater.
NHL legacy.
Solid but not spectacular.

Typical. I don't hate it but I don't love it. The Rangers traded for the 7th pick in a 6 player draft.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Yeah, you guys really are so negative.

Andersson is not a 4th liner or Fast or Lindberg. This guy will very likely be a decent 2nd line forward.

He plays center, very well rounded player, incredibly high floor. He'll be a good NHL'er, and play in the NHL within a season or two.

In a bad draft like this, thats not a bad pick. We took the NHL'er, not the risky player. I didn't have him 7th, I had him 19th, but that was because I wanted an upside pick. We didn't pick a bad player. I don't agree with the strategy, but I do agree that we picked an NHL'er.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Honestly, I feel like we took this kid because the damn scout is retiring so they felt like they have to repay him for all his hard work. Great way to draft.

cheech70

Oct 26, 2013
NNJ
If there was ever a typical NYR pick that this god forsaken organization loves so damn much it's ****ing this one.

Please what exactly do you know about this pick? Because he was ranked in the teens? Numerous experts said 4 to 15 were pretty much even. Lets give him a chance

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Suzuki / Vilardi / Rasmussen

But I look forward to being proven wrong. Just hope this doesn't turn into another McIlrath situation.

Three guys that can't skate. Rangers never taking those players. And I don't think any of those players are out right better than Andersson. Andersson is certainly safer.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
I HATE taking players bc of their intangibles and because he's a "player you win with."

Hey guys, you haven't had a pick this high in 15 years, how about you go for the player with the most upside? Don't you want the guy with a chance to be a first line center instead of the guy who will be guaranteed to be a 3rd liner but maybe that's it?

Now I'm just praying they take a risky high potential prospect win the 21 pick.

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Oct 8, 2010
lol at the people comparing this to mcilrath or jessiman

much closer to picking malhotra, but i think he has more offensive upside. that said, his offensive upside seems pretty limited, likely tops out at 50 points.

let's see who's there at 21. would've preferred suzuki or lilegren.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I HATE taking players bc of their intangibles and because he's a "player you win with."

Hey guys, you haven't had a pick this high in 15 years, how about you go for the player with the most upside? Don't you want the guy with a chance to be a first line center instead of the guy who will be guaranteed to be a 3rd liner but maybe that's it?

I don't know. I'd rather take a risk at 21 than 7

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad