Prospect Info: With the 174th Overall Pick the Rangers Select Morgan Barron

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
No, but that doesn't mean that players drafted where Barron was drafted can't turn out to be that type of player.
Of course! Any player taken at any point in the draft can end up being a first line scoring winger with a nasty edge, buuuuuut....

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
In 2020, why would you care if he can fight?

so I guess you wanted what happened to Buchnevich or Vesey years ago to happen again and have other Rangers players rely on the refs and to have the Rangers players not defend themselves or their teammates.

name the last soft team that made the playoffs and actually won a playoff round. I'll wait. you still need guys good along the boards and willing to battle if needed and guys like Lemmy are still valuable. so for example Rangers played the Bruins and Marchand slewfoots Kakko, would you would want the players to rely on the refs and just skate to the bench without defending their young player, or would you want the player to rush to their teammate's defense and do something about it

Reactions: LeetchisGod

GeorgeKaplan

Dec 19, 2011
New Jersey
so I guess you wanted what happened to Buchnevich or Vesey years ago to happen again and have other Rangers players rely on the refs and to have the Rangers players not defend themselves or their teammates.

name the last soft team that made the playoffs and actually won a playoff round. I'll wait. you still need guys good along the boards and willing to battle if needed and guys like Lemmy are still valuable. so for example Rangers played the Bruins and Marchand slewfoots Kakko, would you would want the players to rely on the refs and just skate to the bench without defending their young player, or would you want the player to rush to their teammate's defense and do something about it
Well, when the Rangers were truly contending everyone was complaining how soft they were

Reactions: nyr2k2

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
We shouldn’t rush Barron like we rushed Lias and Howden. I’d give him a year or two in Hartford.
He's not being rushed. He's in College while Howden and Lias were at MSG.

If he's signed, he'll be at camp. If he shows he's capable ala Fox, he'll play. If not, he'll start in the A.

Reactions: haveandare

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Sometime big skill guys do slip if they are late bloomers. Jamie Benn is a perfect example. Guy was a 5th rounder. Redraft and he's a top 5 pick in his draft. He led the league in scoring one year and has been an excellent player.

I'm not saying he'll be that, but sometimes things work at 19 and 20 that didn't work for them at 16, 17, and 18. Things click and you hit the lotto.

Still hoping he's a 3rd line type and can be a net front guy in the pros, but you never know. If he ever becomes a top 6 forward, it's one of the best picks this team made in recent memory

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG

You seem to not understand the difference between toughness and fighting.

Reactions: Mandar

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
You seem to not understand the difference between toughness and fighting.

By the way, the Rangers are one fighting major away from the most in the league, so does that make them tough?

Certainly, you don't think so, so I'm having trouble following your logic.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad