Prospect Info: With the 123rd Overall Pick the Rangers Select Brandon Crawley

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
This is a terrible pick, that happened with a terrible trade down.

Maybe he helps Hartford out, but don't see him in NY unless he makes a leap.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
Can't say it'd be the first time that I disagreed with Pronman. Hope he proves me wrong.

But once again, a fine pick in the 6th round of this draft, but a clear reach and they traded down from where they could have had a much better player.

JayMan82

Apr 5, 2006
South Carolina
Don't think it makes much sense to flip tables about 4th round picks... Trust the process, The Rangers have done well with later picks.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
brandon-crawley-2016-2330.jpg

Why is he so confused?

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Yeah, I would've rather just taken Reedy. I don't even remember Crawley when watching London games.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
lol Dan Girardi 2.0 that's ****ing beautiful, maybe they can draft Tanner Glass 2.0 next and we'll be set.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
People do realize Girardi was extremely well coached coming out of London right? He could actually pass and make really good outlets.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
I think this trade and subsequent pick might **** me off more the losing out on Glass. Is there a position easier to fill than LD? What does this franchise have against centers? Yes, I know they took two yesterday, but, the low value this franchise has historically on the position just dumbfounds me. Just **** away another asset.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
I would've, if we were going heavy overage, beat the Isles to Sebastian Aho, personally.

Raspewtin

May 30, 2013
Would anybody seriously be upset if this was Dan Girardi 2.0? That would be fantastic.

Abso-****ing-lutely.

Dan Girardis are a dead breed in this game. There's no place for them.

They're also the players that get really long leashes from coaches for doing things "the right way".

That's the exact vibe I get from our own Zboro, actually.

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
Abso-****ing-lutely.

They're also the players that get really long leashes from coaches for doing things "the right way".

That's the exact vibe I get from our own Zboro, actually.

A guy who can play solid minutes for a decade who was picked outside the top 100 in a weak draft class has no place in this game. Got it.

Luger

Aug 21, 2016
Clearwater, FL
Abso-****ing-lutely.

Things change. In less than 10 years, the open wide NHL of the 80s turned to the clutch-and-grab, neutral zone trap NHL. We don't know what will happen in the NHL, but one thing I can promise is that it will not look the same when the draftees hit their prime. Someone will come up with an antidote to the speed, some way to utilize size or defense that nobody realizes right now because we are not some brilliant new NHL coach who creates a breakthrough coaching design.

mrhockey193195

Nov 14, 2006
Denver, CO
Why are we turning on our scouting staff, when they discovered the following guys in the later rounds?

Callahan
Hagelin
Weise
Fast
Buch
Duclair
Graves
Shestyorkin
Huska

I will trust this guys' judgment until we have a string of drafts that *don't* produce NHL players.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad