With both TB and Pens out the SC race it is now wide open. Who wins it?

With both TB and Pens out the SC race it is now wide open. Who wins it?

• Total voters

Zazzaro703

Mar 18, 2016
Lake Tahoe
I’m disappointed the Lightning and Pens are out, those were two layups and would have guaranteed us a return trip to the Cup final if we get past the Hurricanes. The Islanders and CBJ, TML or Boston are much tougher matchups than both of those scrub teams. I think the East is wide open and can see any of the remaining teams in the cup final. Even the Hurricanes now know the gear they need to hit to win playoff games and cannot be counted out. The West doesn’t much matter as it will be an Eastern team that wins the cup.

Reactions: Madifer

LittleSpoon

Jan 17, 2016
I’m disappointed the Lightning and Pens are out, those were two layups and would have guaranteed us a return trip to the Cup final if we get past the Hurricanes. The Islanders and CBJ, TML or Boston are much tougher matchups than both of those scrub teams. I think the East is wide open and can see any of the remaining teams in the cup final. Even the Hurricanes now know the gear they need to hit to win playoff games and cannot be counted out. The West doesn’t much matter as it will be an Eastern team that wins the cup.
Quit licking the paint bud.

WolfgangPuck

May 12, 2012
It’s wide open.
But I’ll bet on a team that’s full of free agents who are playing for their next contract

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
I thought the final is going to be Tampa - Nashville so I guess now I'm gonna say Nashville. In any case, Tampa being eliminated just doubled the chances of Western team winning it in my opinion.

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
I liked the Pens and Lightning as match-ups for the Caps. The Capitals over-match them both physically while playing a tighter team game.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
NYI vs Knights final.

I wouldn't like seeing the Leafs go deep, but the best storyline right now would be Islanders vs Leafs in the conference final due to the Tavares drama.

Selfishly, I'd like SJS to make the Cup final so that if Karl stays, the Sens get another 1st. I don't think they make it past the Golden Knights though.

Entertainment value wise, I can't think of a great confer nice final matchup for VGK. Maybe WPG just for how they play on the ice and to have a big rematch from last year's final.

The problem with a VGK vs NYI final to me is that it's an all Babyface matchup. It's really too bad that we don't have top 4 re-sending because "Toronto" John Tavares is the biggest drawing heel right now and NYI vs TOR is the real money matchup. Everything after that is underwhelming.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Was pretty wide open going into the playoffs. Don't really see how PIT going out would change a lot of people's mind anyway. TB sure were the Vegas odds, but to a lot of people they were falling into that category that STL and SJ had found themselves in. Real good teams that just can't get over the hump

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey
It’s wide open.
But I’ll bet on a team that’s full of free agents who are playing for their next contract
Don't take teams with young players who lack playoff experience for granted. They don't know any better. Once they've acquired the taste of what it's like to win a game they can be very dangerous.

NoName

Bringer of Playoffs!
Nov 3, 2017
Washington has to be the favorite. They are up in their series and are defending Champions. Still, right now the field is more wide-open then I have ever seen it. Literally would not count anyone out.

If I had to pick maybe it would be Washington v Nashville?

Have a funny feeling that the winner of Winnipeg vs St Louis (hopefully Winnipeg) will go far though.

TheOtherOne

Jan 2, 2010
I don't understand why there are so many threads that seem to assume Pittsburgh was a Cup favorite. They barely made the playoffs. Detroit could have knocked them out with 1 more win in game number 81.

In other words, a bubble team got eliminated early- who cares?

Reactions: Madifer

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad