Witcher 3 Next Gen Console Upgrade - Q4 2022

HabsCowboysOwn

Wak Prescott the 40M/yr fraud, here we gooo!
Feb 28, 2008
Montréal
I've bought the complete edition on sale a few months ago for like 15 bucks, I'm waiting for the next gen update to dive in. Really looking forward to trying that game, better late than never! :laugh:

Reactions: pistolpete11

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Visually, it has aged very well. It’s one of the most realistic/cinematic games, up there with RDR2.
I disagree a little bit with that. The character models have aged really well, but the foliage is these muddy textures that I didn't like even at the time.

Also I hope that owning the game + all the dlc will give you the next gen upgrade. I have a sneaking suspicion that it won't though.

Reactions: Frankie Blueberries

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
I disagree a little bit with that. The character models have aged really well, but the foliage is these muddy textures that I didn't like even at the time.

Also I hope that owning the game + all the dlc will give you the next gen upgrade. I have a sneaking suspicion that it won't though.
It’s already been confirmed to be free.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
It’s already been confirmed to be free.
yep. Not sure why they would expect it not to be. CDPR has to do a lot of pro-consumer moves for the internet hive mind after cyberpunk
Just to clarify, what I meant was that if you have the game + the dlc vs the goty edition. They're actually different games on the store. So I wonder if it will be free for both.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
I've bought the complete edition on sale a few months ago for like 15 bucks, I'm waiting for the next gen update to dive in. Really looking forward to trying that game, better late than never! :laugh:
Good thinking. I did the same and didn't even think the upgrade would be free, but it sounds like it will. I bet this will also get added to the new PS+ now that I think of it.

I was planning on this being the next major game I jumped into once I finish Elden Ring, but I guess I'll find something else.

Reactions: HabsCowboysOwn

kodoshin

Mar 26, 2007
I played this game for 2 years never using fast travel except for when it was required to change loading zones. Finally broke myself of the habit of not using it ever, but man this game was super fun to explore every nook of..... a visual refresh might be enough to make me do it again.

Reactions: robertmac43

Voodoo Child

Jun 16, 2009

Of all of the open world games out there, all about 5,000,000 of them, this one is the only one to nail just about everything.

A beautiful world? Check.

Dangerous but plausibly designed enemies? Check.

An ace story full of interesting characters? Check.

Diverse and fulfilling quests? Witcher Quests (monster hunts) kinda get stale, but then Hearts of Stone and Blood and Wine, it’s a check.

Killer soundtrack and VA work? Check.

Excellent systems that allow for a large variety of play styles? Check.

Exciting combat? Could be better but could also be worse, check it.

Best game I’ve ever played, I’d love to play it again for the first time.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Of all of the open world games out there, all about 5,000,000 of them, this one is the only one to nail just about everything.

A beautiful world? Check.

Dangerous but plausibly designed enemies? Check.

An ace story full of interesting characters? Check.

Diverse and fulfilling quests? Witcher Quests (monster hunts) kinda get stale, but then Hearts of Stone and Blood and Wine, it’s a check.

Killer soundtrack and VA work? Check.

Excellent systems that allow for a large variety of play styles? Check.

Exciting combat? Could be better but could also be worse, check it.

Best game I’ve ever played, I’d love to play it again for the first time.
Wish humans had a delete button. I’d love to play it for the first time. Same with Skyrim/kotor

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Been meaning to replay this from the start and do the DLC for the first time. This will be my chance!

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
I've tried playing it at least three times before and the fighting has always been my stumbling block, it's just too slow for my liking, hopefully they tweak it some

Mikeaveli

Sep 25, 2013
Edmonton, AB
I'm not a fan either, I have 30 hours played across 3 or 4 attempts and most of that time was spent either playing Gwent or looking for cards lol. The update is free though so I'll probably reinstall it to check out the ray tracing and maybe it will click this time.

Reactions: Jovavic

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Not a fan of re-releases like this generally, so haven't followed this much. Also the idea of replaying a 150 hour game, even a very good one, seems insane to me.

But curious how it's gonna compare to the original "downgrade" controversy :laugh:

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Not a fan of re-releases like this generally, so haven't followed this much. Also the idea of replaying a 150 hour game, even a very good one, seems insane to me.

But curious how it's gonna compare to the original "downgrade" controversy :laugh:
So many games during that time period received absolutely colossal downgrades. Watch Dogs, Witcher 3, Dark Souls 2, Rainbow Six Siege.

You know the annoying thing is if they actually did fix that stuff I just know theres going to be people complaining that the muddy looking textures and drab lighting being gone proves CD Projekt Red doesn't get why people liked the game not even realizing it looked like that so it could run on under-powered consoles.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad