Transfer: Winter Transfer Rumors and Discussion - September

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Really?
"DUMBele"?
"Zero IQ"?
"Can't finish"?
"one of the worst transfers in history"?
I could go on and on. The hatred he received has been beyond ridiculous.
I stand behind all that I've said in the past, but he's turned a corner last year. His decisions with the ball still sometimes baffle me, and his finishing is still weak af, but he's become one of the best passers and dribblers in the game, which is what we paid for. Before 2021 he was one of the worst transfers in history.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
It seems to me now that he’s a good passer when he’s focused unfortunately that was hardly ever the case prior to Xavi. He was playing for a contract and was good.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
You can think someone is talented and still think they make dumb decisions or that they cannot finish consistently well
Football talent (especially offensive talent) includes IQ. And finishing.
Surprised I have to say this.

That's not a knock on his talent though.
See above. Clearly a knock on someone's talent to say he has low IQ and can't finish.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
It depends.
Harsh? More like frustrating.

These small differences can make the difference between finishing champion or runner-up and now top 4 or not.

As Savant as said they (LFC) recruiting team have been complacent and a bit arrogant. Thinking they can always outsmart other club by not spending as much.
What I will say, (if LFC make UCL) and the numbers get too big on Bellingham to where FSG have to stand down. That is going to be literally impossible to sell to the fan base, especially after the way this summer went. You can’t say, we didn’t sign a midfielder because we wanted a shot at Jude, and then retreat when you see the price tag, that you had to know was going to be huge anyway. LFC are really in a bad spot here. FSG won’t care but if they don’t handle next summer correctly it’s going to leave a lot more discontent.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Football talent (especially offensive talent) includes IQ. And finishing.
Surprised I have to say this.

See above. Clearly a knock on someone's talent to say he has low IQ and can't finish.
I think of talent and IQ as separate, and I think of finishing as only one aspect of talent. Guess it’s just a different perspective.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Dembele always is/was talented. Just have not been impressed by his finishing. Doesn’t mean he is bad. Just don’t think he is a great finisher and the numbers don’t either. I stand by that. Think he is a great player when healthy though.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
The Argentina NT want Almada out of the MLS and into Europe. They called him up less for the World Cup and more to integrate him for the future. A bit surprising given that he’s not Alvarez tier.

Also barca have made contact for the Brazilian kid

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I think of talent and IQ as separate, and I think of finishing as only one aspect of talent. Guess it’s just a different perspective.
Well, you have tons of amateurs with unreal skills but 0 IQ who don't even reach pro football.
French amateur leagues are filled with that.

Ben Arfa has no IQ problems. It's his attitude and commitment.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
The mental side of the game is so important that it's not unreasonable for someone to consider it an integral part of "footballing talent" and so part of being talented.

...though then you'd have to say that someone like Sheraldo Becker suddenly became a lot more talented last April; rather than saying he was always talented but just recently figured out how to use his talent & gained confidence in that talent...

I tend to think that physical tools, technical tools, the mental aspect, confidence / self-belief, combativeness, and role / utilization are all separate parts of what makes a player successful, but others will lump some (or even most) of those together into the single category of "talent".

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street
Belaili already leaving Brest

I didn't see that coming

/s

If only he had more than 2 brain cells and if his entourage/"agents" weren't so crappy, he would have had an amazing career and we would have a Mahrez on the left wing.

Heck, on his day I think he is better than Mahrez.

What a shame, because he is an amazing talent

1664465671417.png

Last edited:

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I mean this has always been rumored by everyone. He’s been really good in MLS and Atlanta isn’t normally a team to hold on to a talent like him. I’d be surprised if he wasn’t sold in the winter window (especially after the WC if he makes the team).
I don’t think he would but scaloni and the AFA rate him, so you never know.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad