Transfer: Winter Transfer Rumors and Discussion - January

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
For me, a loophole is something that follows the letter of the law while attempting to circumvent the intent of the law and yes, that is also the foundation of accounting as a discipline, doesn't mean I have to like it or morally approve of it, and one part of that is because it favours all those with the resources to take maximum advantage of holes in the system and another part of it is because it forces everyone down to the lowest moral denominator just to be able to keep competing with the former.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Nothing out of the ordinary here. The writting was on the wall for Duffy to leave permanently. One of those where did the time go moments for me. Dunk + Duffy was one of the core reasons Brighton were able to get promotion and then stave off relegation in those first few years in the Prem.

Incubajerks

Feb 9, 2010
Roma
Money wise yes, success not even close. La Liga dominates this century and PL has money advantage for most of the time with foreign investors and TV money.

Because in Spain they know how to play football, which they don't know how to do in England. The figures spent in this winter market are there to prove it.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
I'd rather them then any of the White Washing Dictator Clubs.

It's got more to do with Ziyech than anything else though I do find their spending pretty gross as well but they're just the bigger spender of a league that personifies the problem on its own. The Enzo Fernandez spending isn't the first of its kind. And definitely won't be the last.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
Chelsea are still going to chase a super player. They've bought some really talented players, and they've increased their spend by a lot. But they have not bought a superstar. I imagine some of them could develop into it (the Ukrainian kid's underlying numbers show he has upside to do that, and of course Fernandez) but none are right now what would be considered as in the top 3 or 4 players in the world.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Chelsea are still going to chase a super player. They've bought some really talented players, and they've increased their spend by a lot. But they have not bought a superstar. I imagine some of them could develop into it (the Ukrainian kid's underlying numbers show he has upside to do that, and of course Fernandez) but none are right now what would be considered as in the top 3 or 4 players in the world.
The #9 chasing will never end until someone scores 20+ consistently.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
They're going to go after Mbappe.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2