Winter classic at home

SupersonicMonkey*

I'd be thrilled if we got more Stadium Series games. I loved them. Have the next one at Citi Field.

Cliffy1814

Nov 10, 2011
I think Minnesota will be in line for one next. IMproving team with a couple of big Amercian stars. Although the Wild have noi history they will fall back on the North Stars and how powerful Minnesoat hockey is at a grass roots level. They deserve one.

I doubt they'd ever go West. I think the cold and snow potential is a major plus for the event.

Don't rule out Pittsburgh again. As someone said earlier, there are no "Rules" for this. If the league determines that the Crosby factor will bring millions of eyeballs, then they'll do it.
Actually, Pittsburgh at Minnesota makes sense. That will be my guess for one of the next two games.

I assume Canada will not get a WC since they have the HC and everyone up there will be watching the game regardless of where it's played?

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
Fairly sure that Dolan has said that he doesn't want to play in one as the home game due to the money.

That would be incorrect, Dolan doesn't care nor does he have any say as to which game the NHL decides to take. The Rangers get a sellout payment for any game the league takes. It's expensive for the NHL to buy but a game at an 80,000 seat stadium would more than make up for it

Nash Money

Sponsor
Jul 15, 2012
Metlife WC not possible because of NFL season, but home team SS is possible

Red Bull stadium is another long shot for a home WC

Why couldn't Metlife be possible during football season? Heinz held it for the Pens. It would require more of a work around with the NFL to make sure both the Giants and Jets had an away game that week, but it could happen (it's possible with bye weeks or even having both teams home the same week earlier in the season if one is on MNF). I guess it would also depend on the year and what day of the week New Year's falls on, as Jan 1 is usually around the last week of the NFL season, and there would be the potential for a home playoff game (or two) the following week, though that seems laughable after this past season.

nyrmetros

May 3, 2007
http://jumpingpolarbear.com/2012/09/16/hockey-in-the-colosseum/

pula-arena.gif

Giacomin

Apr 29, 2007
League source told me that Denver and Boston are locks for next year. Coors pushing Denver...probably play at UC Boulder Stadium, minutes from Coors Brewery.

I heard the same. I also heard Minnesota is in line for a game. The NHL would love to have Rangers/Bruins in NYC but it will never happen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad