Half-Assed GDT: Winter Classic 2022 Blues vs. Wild

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScratchCatFever

Oct 14, 2018
Kyrou showing up the way he did in those conditions seems like a solid indicator that our most high end skilled guy won't disappear in the playoffs and can produce in any environment and situation. Berube has been the perfect coach for his development.

ScratchCatFever

Oct 14, 2018
Well that was rough final period. Doesn't reflect how much we dominated the first 2. But in the end we are undefeated outdoors!
Same feeling. Dominating the first two periods the way we did in those conditions isn't quite the same as dominating a regular game and collapsing in the final 10 minutes.
They had to have been gassed after that 2nd period from exerting themselves the first 40 minutes in order to control the pace of the game the way we did.

I attribute Minnesota's late surge more to being pissed off for essentially being embarrassed on a national stage in their own city and having legs late in the game after being outskated for most of it.
I'm not taking anything from this team after this win. Though not being able to get an EN with seven minutes to do is understandably frustrating.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
I just don't see Minnesota as potential contender. Nor Nashville, for that matter. Winnipeg could be if they get their sheet together. But I still expect Colorado and us to be class of division when all is said and done.
Yeah, they’re not.

Kaprizov has a lot of people fooled about Minnesota. Adding one guy like him doesn’t change who they are and have always been.

The general rule is to look at a team’s 1C, 1D and starting goalie. And their trio of Joel Erikkson-Ek, Spurgeon and Cam Talbot….is not impressive.

Reactions: i aint Dunn yet

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
Great win under very tough conditions. Clearly didn’t come out with any energy on the last 12 minutes or so, but we pretty much dominated them. Clearly we’re focused at all i the third. Barby missing the open net is a pretty clear indication we lost focus.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Berube definitely deserves some Jack Adams consideration for the job he’s done so far. To be in second place in the division(by points percentage, the true standings) after dealing with the injuries, the COVID cap crunch, playing short handed etc. is pretty remarkable. Thomas and Kyrou taking the next step in their development, Tarasenko regaining form, and adding Buchnevich and Saad without any major subtraction from the current roster has been huge. Schenn, ROR, and Perron haven’t even really gotten going yet. If they start clicking, we can score with anyone. Still not entirely sold on the D, but we’ve played 6 more games than Colorado has and we’ve both allowed 91 goals, so if it’s a weakness for us, the same can be said for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad