Winnipeg Jets Top 20 Prospects - Preliminary Discussion (Criteria)

boanst

May 25, 2013
Doesnt Arctic ice hockey already do top 25 under 25? Its kinda their thing.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
I like the 25 / 25 approach. Another option would players from 2011 draft and more recent. That would be 5 years of draft eligible and coincide with the Jets first draft.

scelaton

Jul 5, 2012
HF criteria work for me, for a variety of reasons.

Regardless of the games played criteria to determine who's a rookie, I think an important consideration is to agree on what type of criteria people are using to determine how they rank.

Some people rank based on "readiness" and others on "upside". I think a general standard might be nice.

Personally I rank based on a combo of upside and likeliness to achieve it. In my own mind I'm envisioning at each pick, if I can only keep one of the guys on this list, who would I keep?

Agree with Huffer that we need a standard for ranking. I suggest we grade them, simply, according to which we feel will actually have the most successful NHL careers. Success can be subjectively defined but is different from talent or potential.
Using Stanley as an example, if you think he will be Chara2, put him at the top. If you think he has Chara upside but is most likely to be Stuart2, rank him low.
Get it?

AngelicAssassin*

Should keep doing it the way it has always been done.

This way you don't have to have an asterisk beside the results as the criteria was changed.

Don't move the goalposts. The Bombers already have a tough enough time scoring. Oops! Mixing my sports teams this morning.:D

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad