Winnipeg Jets Top 20 Prospects 2014 - #11

StronGeer

Jan 25, 2013
Down by the bay
There's always the 'shiny new toy syndrome' each year, but I'm not sure. Kinda hard to backtrack, as we have the benefit of 20/20 hindsight - we can't really mix our current prospects in with those and revote, as we can't really pretend we don't know what happened to the old batch.

I will say this: the ceiling for some of our new prospects are higher: Petan, Ehlers, Morrissey, de Leo & Lodge (maybe and maybe), etc. Still room for them to bust, but I don't see anyone beyond Scheifele that has those kind of high end skills.
I'd agree with that.

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
There's always the 'shiny new toy syndrome' each year, but I'm not sure. Kinda hard to backtrack, as we have the benefit of 20/20 hindsight - we can't really mix our current prospects in with those and revote, as we can't really pretend we don't know what happened to the old batch.

I will say this: the ceiling for some of our new prospects are higher: Petan, Ehlers, Morrissey, de Leo & Lodge (maybe and maybe), etc. Still room for them to bust, but I don't see anyone beyond Scheifele that has those kind of high end skills.

Klingberg is #2 on that old list, look at the season he had prior:

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=118542

That's nothing to even remotely get excited about.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
AHL playoffs;
Kichton 21 gms, 2g, 5a, 7 pts.
Lipon 14 gms, 0 g, 1a, 1pts.

Last edited:

Guilty Party

Healthy Scratch 4lyfe
Jan 28, 2013
ThunderBay
I went with Kichton. Sorry Sweech.
Dood brings the offense from the back end...and in shootouts too.

4hZ1c7.gif

Inflict

Jul 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Voted De Leo. He has boom or bust potential, but could be a high scoring forward for us down the line.

Boreal

Jun 26, 2012
I voted Poolman. More of a protest vote then anything, to be honest. I am not as high on Lipon as many around here, and I figured that he was likely to run away with this (Copp is closer then I thought he would be).

I love Poolman's upside. If he can develop his offensive game a bit at UND he becomes a very interesting piece. Big bodied player, with a lot of a jam to his game.

CanWin

What happens now?
Mar 7, 2014
Winnerpeg
Honestly, I'm a fan as well. I hope I can catch a few college games to watch his development. He's got something.

JC Numminen

#goldrush
Feb 13, 2013
Westman
Honestly, I'm a fan as well. I hope I can catch a few college games to watch his development. He's got something.

I mean, I havent seen quite enough of him to be able to rate him over a few of the guys remaining, but he is very exciting. Low risk high reward type guy IMO.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad