Player Discussion: Winnipeg Jets select D Josh Morrissey (1/13)

Semin

Jun 13, 2009
Had him going to Washington or after that.

Interesting is all I can muster right now. Mom is quite the cougar.

I said it as civil as possible

heilongjetsfan

Jul 4, 2011
How did you post this so fast?

I want Chevy's job and his legs before he leaves the building tonight. I hate this pick like a bad stink. Morrissey is by no means the bpa or the best defenseman, and was probably safe with a mid-20's pick.

And since when are we worried about our defensive depth?

EpicGingy

Jul 30, 2012
Ontario
If you're going to reach at least trade down, I mean we could have gotten something for that pick and there's no way he would've been taken IMO.

... It's getting harder to defend Chevy.

Semin

Jun 13, 2009
I think there will be tons of upside with Morrissey, but who knows how long it'll take for him to reach it?

I was more or less pulling for a forward.

fatschoonerrat

Jul 6, 2007
Charleston
hockeyfansunion.com
The fun part about the draft is how a moment in the present can't really be judged for years. I'm still skeptical about the Sheifele pick. But we still have to wait to know how it turns out. Morrissey is going to be the same way. Can't judge yet.

But like other posters have said, if you're going to reach why not trade down? Talk about risk vs. reward.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Too early to tell. Might turn out to be a good player, but it will be at least 2 years away.

If that was the type of guy they were going to go with (a higher risk type), I would have rather them trade the pick for help right now.

Gump Hasek

Spleen Merchant
Nov 9, 2005
222 Tudor Terrace
How many of you that claim to hate this pick actually watch the WHL very closely? The reason I ask is that this kid has nothing but talent and upside IMO. Certainly didn't expect them to take this guy, but also don't hate the pick personally, based upon actually having seen him play several times. He is a super skilled wheel man back there on the point.

Reactions: DRC

mzappa

Jets fans in space
Jun 27, 2011
Meh. Much better players available. Chevy pulls a Scheif (but watch him win the Calder and shut me up!)

Sweech

Oh When the Spurs
Jun 30, 2011
Hamilton, Ontario
How many of you that claim to hate this pick actually watch the WHL very closely? The reason I ask is that this kid has nothing but talent and upside IMO. Certainly didn't expect them to take this guy, but also don't hate the pick personally, based upon actually having seen him play several times. He is a super skilled wheel man back there on the point.

I watched the WHL a freaking ton. Pulock and Shinkaruk were easily much better as choices.

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
Apparently he was really good at the under 18's? Anyone have a scouting report on him?

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
The fun part about the draft is how a moment in the present can't really be judged for years. I'm still skeptical about the Sheifele pick. But we still have to wait to know how it turns out. Morrissey is going to be the same way. Can't judge yet.

But like other posters have said, if you're going to reach why not trade down? Talk about risk vs. reward.

because they clearly liked him and didn't want to risk losing him just to trade down 5 or so spots.

if you like a player and think he's your BPA, you take him at that spot. plain and simple.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad