Prospect Info: Winnipeg Jets Prospects 2017-18

Status
Not open for further replies.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
That would be nice. Depends on the overall productivity of his team, too. They have been very low-scoring. I'm not a fan of raw PPG that doesn't adjust for team productivity. For defensemen, it's also particularly important to adjust for PP usage.

I'm not a fan of adjusting for team productivity. The players are what contribute to that "team productivity". Scoring 40pts on the top team playing 2nd line doing well in Finland is still better than leading the team with 20 points on the worst team while struggling, IMO.

I think team productivity is good context to keep in mind just like linemates and the quality of other teams in the league. I think for leagues like the Liiga where we have ToI stats, P/60 Relative Team Goals/60 might be an intersting stat to look at to compare prospects.

MrBoJangelz71

Jan 14, 2014
Stanley has doubled his point per game, each season, since coming to the OHL. I think it is starting to hold water

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Sadly Portland only comes to Vancouver only once this year. And I'm unlikely to be able to attend. PA doesn't even come here once. I'm probably going to see a few Portland games in Washington though.

DK59

Nov 18, 2012
Stanley with a primary assist in the 3rd to push his point streak to 6 games (3g 5a).

He is tied for 5th in d-man scoring in the OHL and I don't think anybody would have anticipated a start to the season like this. Having said that he clearly has a long way to go before he is an NHL calibre d-man but what is encouraging is the continued progression we are seeing in the offensive side of his game.

Reactions: JetsFan815

Whileee

May 29, 2010
He is tied for 5th in d-man scoring in the OHL and I don't think anybody would have anticipated a start to the season like this. Having said that he clearly has a long way to go before he is an NHL calibre d-man but what is encouraging is the continued progression we are seeing in the offensive side of his game.
1st in even strength points/game...

I agree, he has a long way to go. One step at a time. Next step is making the Canadian Junior team.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Stanley with a primary assist in the 3rd to push his point streak to 6 games (3g 5a).

Well I guess you are in for a good season with Stanley Whileee :laugh: . Points are good, hopefully his "eye test" is better next August/September. Ending the season with over .8 PPG will be a very positive sign. Even if his defensive game isn't better it opens the opportunity for a Griffin Reinhart style trade if some GM becomes enamored with his size and scoring. Hoping he keeps this up.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Well I guess you are in for a good season with Stanley Whileee :laugh: . Points are good, hopefully his "eye test" is better next August/September. Ending the season with over .8 PPG will be a very positive sign. Even if his defensive game isn't better it opens the opportunity for a Griffin Reinhart style trade if some GM becomes enamored with his size and scoring. Hoping he keeps this up.
Another year of junior, then a minimum of two in the AHL and then we'll have a better idea of where Stanley is. I'm not that hopeful, but it's encouraging to see that he still seems to be improving in some aspects of his game.

Good to see that the "eye test" is alive and well in evaluating Stanley, after a couple of years relying only on point production and size. ;)

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Pronman commented on K-Ves today

Kristian Vesalainen, LW, Winnipeg: The Jets first round pick a few months ago has been just ok to start his season in Finland. His ice time has been up and down, as he started off on HPK’s top line, got sent down to the fourth line, and is now back in the main scoring rotation. His speed and skill at his 6-foot-3 frame standout even at the pro level and he can make plays off the rush, but his decision making has been touch and go.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Stanley looks better. Finally being utilized like the offensive dman he is. Glad he's not still in Windsor where he would be considered their shutdown guy. Something he just is not and never will be.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
Stanley looks better. Finally being utilized like the offensive dman he is. Glad he's not still in Windsor where he would be considered their shutdown guy. Something he just is not and never will be.

Basically a less-mobile Tyler Myers.

Not sure I really like that. >______>

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Basically a less-mobile Tyler Myers.

Not sure I really like that. >______>

The mobility is getting there but he likely won't ever be as good a skater as Myers. Myers was already much farther ahead by the time he was with Kelowna. The difference between him and Myers is he is more of a blueline player. Myers likes to skate deep. Stanley likes to control the play from the point. I'd say Stanley is also much better at getting his shot through traffic whereas Myers is basically terrible at that. Stanley's is also harder, Myers has a bit of a muffin shot for a big guy. They both aren't amazing passers but they can create plays sometimes.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Good to see Stanley putting up some nice numbers.

MrBoJangelz71

Jan 14, 2014
The mobility is getting there but he likely won't ever be as good a skater as Myers. Myers was already much farther ahead by the time he was with Kelowna. The difference between him and Myers is he is more of a blueline player. Myers likes to skate deep. Stanley likes to control the play from the point. I'd say Stanley is also much better at getting his shot through traffic whereas Myers is basically terrible at that. Stanley's is also harder, Myers has a bit of a muffin shot for a big guy. They both aren't amazing passers but they can create plays sometimes.
And Stanley bring a physical element that Myers doesn't.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
And Stanley bring a physical element that Myers doesn't.

I wouldn't say it's much more than Myers. He's looked noticeably less physical than even Morrissey and Trouba. He has size but doesn't use it as effectively as he should. There's no reason he should be beaten in the corners by much smaller players the way he often is.

DoingItCoolKiwi

May 23, 2017
2+0 or 1+1 for Vesalainen tonight. I thought the 2nd goal was redirected by a teammate but boxscores disagree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad