Winnipeg Jets Prospect Thread 2013-2014 (Part VII)

Status
Not open for further replies.

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
Interesting, thanks for sharing that. I didn't see Bogo's rookie season, it was part of my 16 or so year boycott of the NHL.

I agree, I don't see Bogo getting a Norris any time in the future without significant leaps. Let's hope Trouba's trajectory is a little different.

Bogosian created a lot of offense that year. In fact, he is 2nd in NHL history for percentage of team shots taken for 18 year olds, Phil Housely being number one. Boby Orr is in top 5 for all years from 19-24. Definitely a good read that article for some historical perspective.

It was also still his peek for points per minute of 5v5 ice time.

pucka lucka

Apr 7, 2010
Ottawa
Bogosian created a lot of offense that year. In fact, he is 2nd in NHL history for percentage of team shots taken for 18 year olds, Phil Housely being number one. Boby Orr is in top 5 for all years from 19-24. Definitely a good read that article for some historical perspective.

It was also still his peek for points per minute of 5v5 ice time.

Oh no, Trouba is going to be like Bogosian.

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
Oh no, Trouba is going to be like Bogosian.

Meh.

A lot of Bogosian's problems were poor coach/player relationships and him playing through a bad wrist injury, even not reporting it for a while.

We will see where the cards fall. I'm excited for Trouba and Morrissey in a way that I'm skeptical for Bogosian being beyond a very great #3.

pucka lucka

Apr 7, 2010
Ottawa
Meh.

A lot of Bogosian's problems were poor coach/player relationships and him playing through a bad wrist injury, even not reporting it for a while.

We will see where the cards fall. I'm excited for Trouba and Morrissey in a way that I'm skeptical for Bogosian being beyond a very great #3.

I was feigning fear. There is no emoticon for feigning. I checked.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Damn impressive is what it is.

FWIW the best sv% Carter posted there was a 0.928

Oh, I know...Hellebuyck looks phenomenal. .930 is his worst SV% (in 53 games with the USHL's Jackalopes as a 17-year-old). .952 last year and .939 this year...

Gump Hasek

Spleen Merchant
Nov 9, 2005
222 Tudor Terrace
FYI

You can watch Axel the Giant Blomqvist and the rest of the Victoria Royals play the Kamloops Blazers tonight on Shaw Winnipeg at 9:00 PM CST.

#303 in HD
#09 in SD

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Morrissey with another good night 1 goal 1 assist 2 points he now has 68 points in 54 games :amazed::amazed: and the Raiders finally beat Calgary.

On a side note Draisaitl had a 4 point night and now has 96 points in 59 games. With his size and skill (production) I don't think he falls to us anymore.

the two boys have grabbed the team by the scruff of the neck and they are riding a 5 game winning streak and they may make the playoffs.

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
Morrissey with another good night 1 goal 1 assist 2 points he now has 68 points in 54 games :amazed::amazed: and the Raiders finally beat Calgary.

On a side note Draisaitl had a 4 point night and now has 96 points in 59 games. With his size and skill (production) I don't think he falls to us anymore.

the two boys have grabbed the team by the scruff of the neck and they are riding a 5 game winning streak and they may make the playoffs.
Draisaitl and Reinhart are neck a neck in the scoring race. Kids are awesome. They are currently tied at 34 goals amd 62 assists. That ranks them 4th in WHL points 2nd in WHL assists behind Petan.

Big centres that do that won't last on the draft board unless Drai loses points for being a Euro.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Petan's scoring has really slowed down. Anyone know what's up? Maybe just a lull...

Morrissey is on fire. His potential is really intriguing.

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
Draisaitl and Reinhart are neck a neck in the scoring race. Kids are awesome. They are currently tied at 34 goals amd 62 assists. That ranks them 4th in WHL points 2nd in WHL assists behind Petan.

Big centres that do that won't last on the draft board unless Drai loses points for being a Euro.

But I want the first german Player drafted that high since Sturm :(

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg

Morrissey has absolutely been tearing it up this season. So what is the chances of him pulling a Trouba and making the big club next year?

Sweech

Oh When the Spurs
Jun 30, 2011
Hamilton, Ontario
Morrissey has absolutely been tearing it up this season. So what is the chances of him pulling a Trouba and making the big club next year?

Decent.

It's all about physical maturity for him. How much weight can he put on and will the team be confident he can handle the grind. He's skilled enough as is both offensively and defensively.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010

Decent.

It's all about physical maturity for him. How much weight can he put on and will the team be confident he can handle the grind. He's skilled enough as is both offensively and defensively.

Hard to say he is very skilled and smart. It was a micro sample but I think most of us were suprised in the preseason when he played with Buff how comfortable he looked on the Ice all be it preseason. first things first though I would love to see Josh join the Ice Caps this spring for the playoffs.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Hard to say he is very skilled and smart. It was a micro sample but I think most of us were suprised in the preseason when he played with Buff how comfortable he looked on the Ice all be it preseason. first things first though I would love to see Josh join the Ice Caps this spring for the playoffs.

Agreed. That would be a real opportunity to see if he is ready to take a step forward.

Sweech

Oh When the Spurs
Jun 30, 2011
Hamilton, Ontario

Same although Morrissey and Draisaitl could possibly drag PA into the playoffs on their own.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad